Monday, February 23, 2009

Peetees Teepees

This is a doily! Andrea for future reference, there you go! This is a lovely doily throw made by the Red Velvet Girls! I haven't collected enough doilies to start mine yet, but I'm working on it! :) I can then use it as fancy net lol.

I started my Hide em Here Journals! I'm excited about them! I have a total of three, so I think I will paint one, embroider a second, and maybe some fabric-ness on the third. Not totally sure yet!

So many colors! I am going to use them all! :)


My sister and brother saw this movie together, and absolutely loved it! So I ask my mom and grandma if they wanted to see it with me! It was sooooo wonderful! It's a cross between The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland + some creepiness. Two of my most favorite books/movies! Go see it! Trust me! :)

During the movie I decided I am going to make my sister a Lauren Coraline doll. Watch the movie and you'll think this is sweet/creepy ;) What color buttons would you like?

My Red Velvet Girl craft class had a teepee project this weekend. I have zero use for felt teepees, so I thought it would be fun to make teepees with my lil cousins! And it was a hit! Lolo and Robbie made super cute teepees, or peetees as Robbie kept jokingly calling them.



Just look how awesome their teepees turned out! Now let me tell you these are fun for kids to decorate, but there's alot of hot gluing and machine sewing, so an adult is needed.


The kiddos did an awesome job! They are very clever ones!

Oh this is just Mickey and Max begging for the Bux. (bux=starbuck) Rotten lil pups!




I got to end my weekend with the tastiest icecream, Smurf! I love anything chocolate (that's what she said jk), but Smurf is the BEST! I wonder if I'll ever grow out of it? Probably not, hopefully not.....

Here are some questions from my Red Velvet Girls online craft class: I thought I'd share my answers with you! Plus I want you to leave your answers in the comments!
1. favorite recent purchase? I was able to find 6 yards of Kaffe fabric on sale for my stack em wackem quilt!
2. favorite album (for creative purposes, of course!) Does The Office opening music count? :)
3. favorite crafty snack? Venti Carmel lite Frappuccino no whip + 2 extra shots of espresso!
4. what time of day do you feel most creative? Night (only time i can be!)
5. what is one skill you hope to develop over the next 8 (or 7....) weeks? Ummm I want to do some knitting - I don't think thats in the class, so yo no se.
6. Starbucks drink of choice? (well, it doesn't have to be from Starbucks.. we are just big fans. :D) Venti Carmel lite Frappuccino no whip + 2 extra shots of espresso!
7. secret inspiration sources (do not hold out on us!) Oh man! Well everything I come into contact with! Let's see blogs, mickey, the blue in the sky, our moon, colored glass in the sun light, the paper to be recycled at work! I mean there's alot of stuff that gets me thinking.
Now post yours!

Pin It

4 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

1. favorite recent purchase?
My two vintage cameras -- I love them.

2. favorite album?
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

3. favorite crafty snack?
Diet Mt dew

4. what time of day do you feel most creative? Night

5. what is one skill you hope to develop over the next 8 (or 7....) weeks? Ummm I want to make this pillow i saw today! It is absolutely

6. Starbucks drink of choice? (well, it doesn't have to be from Starbucks.. we are just big fans. :D) Venti Chai Tea with a shot of Mocha

7. secret inspiration sources (do not hold out on us!)
I havent had any super urges to make anything besides this pillow but normally its just from photos or magazines and HObby Lobby
trati

lolo sr said...

1. favorite recent purchase?
My new pillow :) or my new snakeskin looking high heels :)
2. favorite album (for creative purposes, of course!)
Dark Side of the Moon
3. favorite crafty snack?
JUJUBE's and Sour Patch Kids nomnomnom
4. what time of day do you feel most creative?
Night time :)
5. what is one skill you hope to develop over the next 8 (or 7....) weeks?
To save money
6. Starbucks drink of choice? (well, it doesn't have to be from Starbucks.. we are just big fans. :D)
Tall nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte
7. secret inspiration sources (do not hold out on us!)
Grandpa Pumpkin, Aunt Jackie, Becky, Nanny, Daddio

Andrea said...

Creepy new dunnies!
zindpu