Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Clean!

I can make a mess, and I hate cleaning up! But this weekend I took a lil time and spring cleaned!!! The worst was all my art supplies and fabric. Now I can actually use this desk! Very exciting!

This embroidery thread is in use, so it's ok if it's messy! I need a better system for all this thread! Plus Mickey runs off with it sometimes and I find it all throughout the house. Tricky pup!

Here's a little mermaid from Red Velvet Art that I embroidered! 
I picked brown for the hair, because lil Mags (mom) has pretty dark hair! Plus light hair would have looked washed out. I kinda wanted to make it green :) maybe next time!
She's still in progress, so stand by!


Happy Monday :) 
Pin It

16 comments:

Miss Wanderlust said...

I love your crafty space, so rad! and I loooove this mermaid :) Are you actually making it to sell at Red Velvet Art?

*karen said...

Wow, that embroidery is so, so beautiful. I like the hair-color choice.

Liz V. said...

the mermaid is so lovely!

i love how you used fabric!!

Becky said...

Thank you so much!I wish I was making something for Red Velvet Art!! That would be such a huge huge deal!! No this little mermaid will be given to a friend or family gal. But fingers crossed one day RVA!

Pansieberry said...

i've been doing a little spring cleaning in my room, too. I love your wall color; it's so vibrant! very cute mermaid; i was just wishing i was better at embroidering.

Queenbeeghf said...

So cute!! I wish I was as crafty as you!!

carly. said...

ooooh mermaids ♥
shes so pretty.

Jennifer said...

lovely mermaid!

thereddeer said...

Nothing like a nice clean working area.

I love the mermaid - you have inspired me to get embroidering!

Becky said...

Yay! You have to put it up with the cupcakes for everyone to see! :)

lolo sr said...

you have quite a following

i'm watching "i didnt know i was pregnant" and i want to vomittttt

Euphoria said...

divine mermaid- she is fabulous!!!

Becky said...

:) thank you very much! The pattern is at redvelvetart.com

Amanda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen such hip, artistic embroidery. I'm ridiculously impressed.

alissa said...

i love the way thread looks all piled up together - it should be messy!

britney spears *lucky* said...

bex!!!! this is sooooo kyooootttt!!! i love it!!!!!