Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Carving & Stamping

Here is an idea I had for my one robot all mediums project!

I decided I'd try to make a Love Bot stamp.

First try not so bad lol! I've seen ones that are amazing!


Carving the lil robot made me think how talented my dad is!
He takes a block of wood and carves it to something amazing!

This is a piece my grandfather actually made! He took a rectangular block of wood, then carved those balls into the wood! It's incredible to me! I was very young when my grandfather past away, but the carvings and creations he left behind help explain who he was.

Now here are my dad's carvings! Look at the detail! I can't tell you how many times he had to go to the ER because he would cut himself! Telling my mom, "I'm fine, I'm fine!" He's a nut!
Here's an unfinished one!

Now I love these wizards!
Here's a great one! He's unfinished too, but hopefully soon my dad will start carving again! His hobby is having hobbies! Guitars, books, home improvement, building furniture, carving, growing a jungle in his back yard, you name it - he's awesome at all of them! I think I now have this love of hobbies! Here's more from my dad!
Pin It

6 comments:

Drea said...

Wow! those are awesome.

black vanilla rose said...

I can't believe your dad carved those, he's got some real talent there! I love your stamp too, its so darn cute xxx

thereddeer said...

Your dad is super talented :D

I want to carve stamps too - seems like fun!

Becky said...

:) thank you from my dad and I!!

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow, Becky! I cant certainly see where you get the crafting talent from, those wood carvings your dad made are really cool!
I too would love to learn how to carve stamps, perhaps you could do a detailed tutorial?
Hope you had a good weekend! :)

Jessica Marie said...

what did you carve that stamp into? i've been looking for carving blocks locally but it looks like i'm going to have to order online :(