Monday, June 15, 2009

Super Duper

The hoodie was a hit! He loved it!
He looked soooo cute! He wanted to go play baseball in the hoodie lol it was 93 degrees outside! Sometimes I think kids can handle heat better than adults. My siblings and I would spend practically every summer day out in the back yard! I never remember it being too hot to play. It must have to do with being carefree :)
I learn to do a good chunk of my projects with trial and error! When I've embroidered in the past I've used tracing paper, but did a little reading -and DUH carbon paper!!!! 
It works like a charm too! It's going to make embroidering a zillion times easier! 
I'm sure to most this is very obvious, but I was just teaching myself. 


So my dad's gift will get finished quicker and neater. When I would rip the paper away, it would always pull the thread. Only one little bummer is that the carbon paper is like $6 for a 8x10 sheet. You can use them over and over so that's a plus, but $6 for paper? 

I got some dunnys and toys while at Urban with my sister this weekend! And I had given up hope for the robot one, but look what I got!! Tada! Oh and a Clutter Dunny and a chaser toy from Tara Mcpherson's Gamma  Mutant Space Friends!


Pin It

7 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Ha! The hoodie looks awesome all finished! I agree, as a kid I don't remember worrying about the heat or cold as much as I do now.
Great to know about carbon paper, I will have to use that if I ever get on with giving embroidery patterns a try!

That robot dunny is pretty cool!

:)

betty said...

Wow the embroidery looks amazing.
and I'm jealous of all your dunnys haha

thereddeer said...

Man you always make me jealous with your dunny purchases - I want!!

Carbon paper is a great idea too :D

ally serrato said...

becky that hoodie is sooo rad!!! can you make one for me ;-D ~ im so inspired to collect those little dude, guy, thingies you collect,,, last time i went to disneyland i bought four of the vinylmations and now i have the fever!!!
{xoxo}

Pansieberry said...

the hoodie and the boy are soooo cute! how long did it take to make the hoodie?

Becky said...

Thank you ladies! get a dunny a month - it's a like gift to yourself AND it's a surprise everytime bc theyre blind box!

- The hoodie took me two evenings not fully focused, so you could finish one in about 2 or 3 hours. :) I really love them (hoodies), but then I love them more once the kiddos have them on - they are soooo precious!

Euphoria said...

Oh my- the hoodie ROCKS!! I LOVE how it turned out!!! Mad skills girly! mad skills I tell ya!