Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I finished the patchwork quilt top! I added a few more rows of white/colored blocks, and then added the border! I am very proud of the corners! I've never made corners like these, I didn't have a pattern or instructions. I just tried a few different ways and pretty much figured it out.

My lil pup, Mickey, was pouting and laying in the middle of the quilt because I wasn't giving him my full attention. Dogs are so goofy! 

I was so excited to see Euphoria started a patchwork quilt too! I love this mermaid fabric! She gave me the great idea to yarn quilt my quilt. I haven't ever done this before so I googled it :)

The first gal on google was one of my favorites, The PurlBee!

She gives great instructions for yarn tied quilts. I really love the look of yarn.
 It's simple and pretty.


Pin It

7 comments:

Euphoria said...

you are too cute!! Thanks for sharing my quilt!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE yours- the colors rock!!

Totally glad you googled "yarn quiltin"- I thought I made it up, but looks like peeps really do it! Can't wait to try it out!!

thereddeer said...

You are so smart! Look at your beautiful quilt - I still can't get over how much you get done.

Also I love the quilt in that last pic - gorgeous!

daNgo said...

WOW, you finally finished one of them! I Dig it. Like the yellow border with the bit of black, Contrasts nicely with all colors inside.

If you squint your eyes you can kinda see a diagonal pattern of colors towards the upper right, almost makes you look for a hidden image, creates a nice dynamic flow...

But thats just me being bored over analyzing stuff as usual :P

India Daisy said...

TEACH ME PLEASE!!
kairaine@gmail.com
xoxo

Becky said...

Euphoria, Of course I put you on here! I can't wait to see yours finished!

Alicia, I have no kids (only a bratty pup), I never watch tv lol I guess that's how I get stuff done, but I rarely finish anything :) You make a zillion cupcakes, I could never do that, it's very impressive to me!

lil daisy check your gmail ;) I hope that helps!

Daniel, I'm giving you a giant eyeroll lol ;)

cupcake cutie said...

you are so talented.
love it :)
xoxo

singnals3 said...

you are too cute!! Thanks for sharing my quilt!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE yours- the colors rock!!

Get More Details