Monday, July 20, 2009

Look ma no pins.....

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 
I did! Plus I actually got to sew! I bought some 30's style fabric last weekend, and decided to make a patchwork quilt! I had an idea in mind using all these 2.5x5 colorful pieces and white fabric. I do NOT think of myself as a "quilter" I'm still learning - I have a LOT to learn! But I try!


I did two techniques I've never tried before, first I did NOT use pins. Which made sewing go quickly, but it may not be perfect - oh well!
Second technique was NOT to stop sewing - I would take two pieces, sew them together, take two more, etc.  I just kept doing this and sewing went by quickly, and made this garland look below! I just thought they look cool!
Sewing is sometimes difficult because Mickey is so rotten!!! He gets pouty if I don't pay attention to him!


Tada! This is the almost finished quilt!


Half way finished! 

I love the look of the colors against the white! I hope to finish the top tonight!
Pin It

4 comments:

thereddeer said...

You are a machine - you get so much done. I am always impressed with your crafty skills :P

apparentlyjessy said...

I am loving this quilt! Its got such beautiful patterns in it!

chelseybell. said...

oh my goodness, it's beautiful!!

Euphoria said...

saw this on your flickr and LOVE it!! You whipped this bad boy out so fast!

Did you manage to find a pattern for your Heather Ross fabic? The mermaids one? I think I will do this pattern that you did... looks awesome!!