Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sawtooth Quilt Show

Last weekend the quilting ladies went to the Sawtooth Quilt Show in Dunedin. It was cool, the quilts were beautiful! Here's my conflict, they are all done by computer and machine. It's called long arm quilting, and you type in the pattern you want and the machine does it for you, you can go read a book, bake a pie, whatever you want. I don't want to discount these quilt, because they are awesome, but sitting at a machine or hand sewing is just less manufactured.

The one below had writing quilting on it!
3 generations of crazy - only kidding!

New fabric I purchased at Rainbow's End! There's this 1930's style fabric that I just fell in love with! I want to make a plain old patch work quilt with the 30's style fabric! 

Pin It

9 comments:

I BLEED PINK said...

I can agree with you on that point. I mean with a quilt what made it special was the love and hardwork that went into it. They are very pretty though.

lolo sr said...

thats lame...they do come out fretty tho!

oh and you IGNORED my call so i'll put it on here...on sunday the 26th can we go to tea since it'll be my last time in tampa probably till halloween or thanksgiving? please?!?!?

i will be sorely disappointed if you say no

lolo sr said...

https://shanalogic.com/index.php

lolo sr said...

http://shanalogic.com/item.php?item_id=1395&page=3&category_id=184

i love this!

chelseybell. said...

your fabrics look delicious--i'm excited to see what you make of them.

and i agree, machine quilting (while still beautiful) seems so manufactured and just like all of the other shortcuts we have today.

thereddeer said...

Yeah it just isn't the same as a hand made quilt - made with love! I think that is the way it is supposed to be.

Looking forward to seeing your next creations!

daNgo said...

that radial green and pink one is awesome :P. Do something like that :D, no more triangles and rectangles, no no no no no.

Patricia Torres said...

OH my !! what a lovely blog! You are such a bundle of talent.. wow!

Becky said...

:) Thank you Patricia!! That is very sweet to say since I've seen your creations and they are awesome!!