Monday, August 24, 2009

End of the rainbow


On Julie's blog I saw this amazing Jello mold cake! I thought I'd try it. It is a two day project, or more if you do it correctly, which I did not lol. I didn't follow the ROY G BIV colors - first mistake.  I don't think I left it in the frig long enough - second mistake!

But it actually looked pretty cool (not as pretty as Julie's) and tasted really good - for hooves ;)

I'm going to try again, and read the directions!

I want to get sand pales shaped like castles, and make a jello land for the kids in my family for Halloween! Wouldn't that be soooo neat! Then they could just dig in and eat it all up!
Pin It

9 comments:

brother said...

makind jello as we speak. mines the fusion kind. im gona try to do this with the roooooomies. come visit me!
miss you

chelseybell. said...

that sounds like an awesome idea. i'm not a huge fan of jello, but i would for sure eat it if it was in the shape of a sand castle.

you did better than i would probably do :).

Drea said...

I suuuuper want jello now. lol

thereddeer said...

I think you did a great job - looks very pretty!

red food colouring said...

so colourful! this would be great in different shapes and molds.

India Daisy said...

LOL - you so funny "tastes good for hooves"

Euphoria said...

ewwwww..... you're eating hooves!!! Ever since you shared that, Jell-O totally grosses me out!! YUKO!!

Your rainbow does look cool and the kiddos would die for a rainbow jello castle!! Halloween Hooves! (ewww)

apparentlyjessy said...

I love your idea of a Halloween rainbow jelly castle! Jelly sure does taste pretty good :)

JulieTew said...

It came our really pretty!! You did a great job!