Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I love Shrinky Dink!

Oh my gosh!! I remember doing this as a kid, but I forgot how fun it was! This is my Lovebot that I'm making in all mediums. Now a shrinky dink Lovebot tada! 
I bought this shrink film yesterday, because they didn't have Shrinky Dink at Pearl Art. 
Then I took my lil Lovebot card I printed a bit ago, and traced him on to the shrinky plastic. He was about 3 inches and shrunk to about an inch! I was soooooo stoked. 

I can't wait to shrink more stuff! Any ideas? 

Here are my other lovebots!
Pin It

8 comments:

Euphoria said...

shrink film, huh? Never heard of it... pretty cool.. I'm gonna have to give it a try!

Sweet lil robot!

chelseybell. said...

i've never played with shrinky dink--but i want to so bad!

turned out cute!

PaisleyJade said...

Looks amazing!!

carly. said...

omgggggg. i use to LOVELOVELOVE making those!! we had like a box kit though that gave you things to make...some you could just colour in, the others were blank like that and you could make your own.

beck, you are a GENIUS bringing this back!! TOTALLY going to michaels soon to see if they have some shrink film...eeee!! i'm soooo stoked :D thanks for the idea!!

i have TONS of ideas....panda bears, hello kitty, typewriters, owls, ice cream cones...well those are some things i'd be making for sure. you should do a dunny one...duh!

lolo sr said...

is he a key chain???

apparentlyjessy said...

That is a great idea! I love mini lovebot! I saw and fell in love with a project on Martha to use this stuff to make custom dog/cat name tags, I haven't got around to finding the stuff here in Oz yet though.

thereddeer said...

Doesn't it look cute so small :)

The Ties that Bind Us said...

I wanna do shrinkydink stuff. Fun!