Monday, August 24, 2009

Treasures at Nanny's (part 1)

I love going through my Nanny's craft room! The lady has crafted EVERYTHING! 
She teased me about this doll. I apparently loved this doll and even tried to cut her hair! Very scary! Oh man and below is my Aunt Jackie on velvet! I love going through all this stuff! Oh the treasures we found! These pictures were iPhone pictures, so they are kinda crappy. The wonderful thing about an iPhone is I took this picture and instantly emailed it to the rest of my family because it is so hilarious!


My Nanny liked to do ceramics years ago, so they bought a kiln! They were a big crafty family. They hooked rugs, sewed, my grandpa carved - I hope when I start a family we'll be this way!
 Oh and there is sooo much more. I just asked if she had any crochet books or supplies, and she gave me 20 things of yarn and a huge bag full of supplies! I <3 my Nanny soooo much!
Pin It

5 comments:

chelseybell. said...

alright, the velvet portrait is the most awesome thing i have ever seen.

does anybody still do those, because i want one.

Jennifer said...

so jealous! i want a kiln, darnit.

lol :)

thereddeer said...

Your nan rocks! I used to love playing with my grandma's jars of buttons - ah the memories!

Kate8085 said...

I love the ceramics! Your Nan is too cool!! So jealous.
My friend is amazing with kiln, and I wish I possessed that skill!

PaisleyJade said...

beautiful treasures!!