Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On a roll!

I finished my Witch & Owl Halloween embroidery - woowhoo! 
It's for a swap with this lovely lady!
I'm so excited to send it on to her! She made me my awesome Mini Mickey!
I would like to name this little witch, Amelia, from the Sookie Stackhouse Series! Read it!!
For all you OWL loving gals!
I think the petticoat is the best part! I'm going to embroider a little lamb with the same French knots, look at me using embroidery lingo! I bought that Embroidery Effects book by Sumblime Stitching and now I'm learning, it's a French knot, but "those lil knots".
Just a little picture of my super cute Mickey boo! This is his sad face, because I can't embroider and pet him at the same time - whomp whomp whomp!

Pin It

17 comments:

JenCoen said...

Oh my goodness... are you kidding me! That is seriously the best embroidery i've seen! i want it!! wow! you totally rock girl!!

Molly Le Blanc said...

Holy crap. Becky that is amazing!! I definitely need to see this tonight.

GraphXGrrl said...

Gorgeous! Her hair reminds me of Megara from Disney's 'Hercules'.

Carrie said...

wow good job!

The Fancy Lady said...

omg your so talented i could never do something that amazing with thread lol that looks amazing

chelseybell. said...

you make me feel inadequate--stop kicking so much embroidery butt!

but really, it's truly amazing.

thereddeer said...

That looks absolutely amazing - your embroidery skills are very impressive. I'm a little bit jealous :P

chelseybell. said...

don't worry, i tried to do the next row on my square and it got even worse so i just unraveled the whole thing and am going to start over.

mine were circles for quite awhile too. everyone says its easy--but they lie!

Sweet Escape said...

dude!~thats some rad embroidery!!!~i wanna learn one day, i remember my mom always embroidering as a kid!!~and i think i have like 15 dunnies, baby stuff, nothing compared to what you have i'm sure!!~your little doggy is so cute!!!

Ashleigh said...

Wow, this is some incredible work you do! I love the French knots! Did you teach yourself to embroider?

India Daisy said...

You are sooooo talented!
xoxo

Ladybastard said...

super cute blog
^__________^
<3

betty | aStealerOfHearts.com said...

that is absolutely gorgeous. You're so talented!

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

OMG! It is absolutely AMAZING!!! I'm at a loss for words... just OMG wow!

Ladybastard said...

really? ooooo you're so adorable!
<3

Jenny S said...

Oh WOW! Amazing stitches!! xo

apparentlyjessy said...

Looks FANTASTIC finished!! I love the owl too!
How sweet and adorable does Mickey look in that photo!? Head tilted on the side like that...must be so hard to resist that look!