Thursday, October 8, 2009

A few things


There's an Art-oberfest this weekend in St. Pete!
A little owl for a little owl lover ;)

And here we go, so my Nanny and I tried to crochet last night. She forgot how, but she has crocheted quite a bit in the past. So she's practicing, and even flipping through my iPhone looking at Katja's tutorial and a few youtube tutorials (it was so cute, because she's obviously NOT a computer user, let alone an iPhone user). But we couldn't get it! Nanny is the green yarn and I'm the orange yarn below. Between the two of us we couldn't figure it out!! I think trying to read tutorials off an iPhone is the first mistake.
Mickey joined in the fun by stealing my yarn when I wasn't looking - rotten pup!
I got a circle again. Does this look at all right?
I told Nanny she needed to take the yarn and crochet hook to the gym (because she goes every Tues. & Thurs. with a bunch of gals) and have her friends there teach her! Because I'm not giving up! If I have to go to a bingo hall and beg the grandmas there to teach me, I will! :)

 I'm so impressed with you crocheting gals ps! And my little cousin Liddy - she's a crochet pro!

Oh and don't forget today is the last day of the giveaway :)
Pin It

10 comments:

betty | aStealerOfHearts.com said...

aw the little owl is adorable!

Jennifer said...

oh myy!! i wanna go to the art-oberfest!!

ok, im so excited. im gonna go.

Heather said...

Crochet, I can do. Knitting, on the other hand... knitting is hard! I'm still trying to get the basics down without it looking like my 9 year old did it. :)

Also, love the owl. Your embroidered stuff is so great!

carly. said...

i don't know much about crocheting but that little circle you made is pretty cute. it would make a cute hair pin!

chelseybell. said...

mine always look sort of rounded, so i think you must be doing something right. i'm not pro enough to know what your "mistake" is though--but you will get it!

black vanilla rose said...

art-oberfest? what a great idea! have fun, lovely work as usual xxx

Carrie said...

i am with you my friend is showing me this weekend if I have to hog tie her and drag her to my house lol!

love the owl

thereddeer said...

Hoot - hoot! Cute little owl :)

I hope you can find someone to show you how it is done.

Emilie Lynne said...

I just started making them, so sometimes I mess them up and they come out round, but I never know what I did wrong to make it that way! Ugh so frustrating!

vivianna said...

I love the owl!