Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Granny Crazy

Made some more granny squares! I took Carly's advice and made more red ones. You all liked the red the best too, and so did I! So apparently, I hold the crochet hook thingie wrong, so my Nanny told me. I think I do the same with knitting needles too. I'm not sure how to fix it, and the end product is the same so maybe it's no biggie. But my fingers are always sore after I crochet - is that normal? And was I suppose to only do 3 colors and use the 4th color to connect them all? Comment if you know ;)
Here's the progress on my giant granny! 
Molly, now that I've got these grannies down we need to have a craft night -deal!
Pin It

8 comments:

Carrie said...

they look so good I don't hold mine right either.

Molly Le Blanc said...

Good job Beck! Let's plan a night next week :)

-heather- said...

i dont think i hold mine right either & my fingers are always sore too... but i don't know any other way to hold it!

as far as the 4th color to connect it all, yeah you can do that... you can also do it the way your doing now (i like it like that!!!) it's really all up to you & what ever you feel comfortable with!

i like it a lot!

chelseybell. said...

i say do whatever you want because it all looks so cute!

your giant granny is awesome. i am so tempted to make one.

my mom turns fifty in december so she'll be happy to hear somebody thinks she looks pretty young (we tell her ALL the time and I've had friends tell her that too, but she doesn't believe us!).

Becky said...

Thanks girlies ;)

Chelsey - tell her, because she looks awesome, I thought it was your sister (not lying)

Chantel said...

Ooooh good job! I tought myself to crochet this year.

I love red and your squares look super cool - can't wait to see the finished product!

I sometimes get a sore finger too, on my right index finger - is that were yours was getting sore too? Maybe I'm holding the hook wrong also

thereddeer said...

Man you are a machine!

Laurie Anne said...

Becky I am glad you made more red ones! I like your large granny too! I finally picked up a how to crochet book. It's called Ready,Set Crochet and includes
"19 hot projects" I hope to one day make A granny square...I'd even be happy with one...but from what I hear it's like potato chips you can't just have one :)
hugs!