Friday, November 13, 2009

fingers crossed

I haven't felt very crafty lately. Hopefully I get a burst of energy this weekend, and fingers crossed I'm not getting sick- er. 
Here is my 2nd Fall Colored Giant Granny Square so far. 
I love love love crocheting! I'm using the "I love this yarn" yarn brand and I do, I love it! First - it comes in extra large rolls, second - it's super soft! Only problem, I got it at Hobby Lobby and that's not one close by, so who else sells this yarn? Anyone know?

Once I really get a handle on this square business I'm going to try new patterns! 

Here is the last project I worked on for the Cupcake Queen herself, Jessy!
I made her a pillow from my favorite designer's fabrics, Anna Maria Horner. I hand sewed the hexagons and machine quilted the pillow!
Then in the middle hexagon I did some free hand embroidering! 

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and a crafty one too, if that's what you do!
Pin It

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can buy the yarn through hobby lobby's website. Just click on the crafts etc. box at the bottom of the page

apparentlyjessy said...

:) And I love my pillow very much, the Anna Maria Horner fabric is so gorgeous! I will be blogging about our swap tomorrow!
LOVE the new blog banner and headers, its a great new look for your blog :)

Laurie Anne said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling a bit under the weather...Hope it's nothing! You'll get your mojo back in no time :) hugs! xx

lolo sr said...

there's a hobby lobby in nashville...you can get more yarn next weekend :)

I can have that embroidered hexagon? ank you!

S and O said...

you've got wicked talent with a needle I really must say, and a hook at that!
I've been wanting to make a granny square blanket for centuries, and this lovely post is a nice little reminder for me:)
it looks like you've made some serious progress in yours i love the colors you choose;)
Olivia

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

I love the embroidery in the middle - what a cute pillow!

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

Becky, you are getting so GOOD with crochet! I'm really proud of you :-)

The embroidery at the bottom is gorgeous. Love the colors :-)

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

By the way, Becky... how long before you're ready to attempt a bunnyfish?

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm/ID/9732/name/bunnyfish-blue-ed

Becky said...

Karla - I know!! I thought of you when I saw them! :)

Thank you everyone for your super sweet comments ;)

And Anonymous I tried looking for an order button on Hobbylobby.com and couldn't so I ordered from Craftsetc.com - I think the 2 sites are related

nataliexmarie said...

I love the colors you used in your granny square!
& the pillow you made is adorable! :)