Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pretty Paper Hearts

Look at my new heart hole punch by Martha, even better it was 30% off! 
I saw this heart hole punch over on Cute 'n Boot and it reminded me of my parents.

My mom saves EVERYTHING - I inherited this trait. This trait can be considered pack-rat-ish, but it has it's good points. For example, this old Maas Brothers box has been in my mom's right hand top drawer as long as I can remember with all the card and notes my dad has given her. 

This box is full of tiny pink and white paper hearts my dad hole punched out for her 28 years ago. 28 years!! They both worked at the local newspaper here in Tampa, and during a down time at work my dad made these for my mom, and she's kept them all these years. 
Pretty sweet huh? 

Paper heart=LOVE
Pin It

17 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Omg...that is so sweet! How wonderful Love can be!
Love your new punch! xx

Amber said...

What a cute story! I love it!

Carol Anne said...

That is soo sweet!!

lauren ♥ said...

love this post! (and your blog, i just found it) <3

Becky said...

:) Thanks girls - I'll pass on your sweet comments to my parents!
Yay Lauren for visiting!

I BLEED PINK said...

That is so sweet!

lolo sr said...

yay! you'll be here soon :)

next...i didn't know you and martha were on a first-name basis...weird ;)

there used to be A LOT more of those paper hearts...they used to fill up the whole box but i think someone spilled some of them out once...wompwompwomp :(

Carrie said...

how sweet :)

♥Carrie

chelseybell. said...

such a cute story--i love cutesy things like that. swooon.

ashley said...

lovely.

.ashley.

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

Awww that is so cute :)

Becky said...

Lauren farley it was you who spilled those hearts or Danny lol not me!

Mags said...

It doesn't matter who spilled them. I just love it Becky that you remember me telling you the story and sharing it with everyone. I love you!
Mom

betty | aStealerOfHearts.com said...

Love that punch!

That's so cute that your mom saved it all these years.

apparentlyjessy said...

Aww that is so sentimental, I love these kind of stories, thanks for sharing :)

Jenny S said...

Awww thats so sweet!
xo

cupcake cutie said...

oh my gosh, that is so adorable.
i am the same way for saving things like that, but i think it's a good quality too.

i want a heart hole punch! martha really does have the best stuff eh?