Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slide Scanning

As a Christmas gift to my family, but mostly my grandmother, I am scanning all her old slides. I bought a little slide scanner on ThinkGeek.com call an ImageLab and it works really well. Only problem is you scan one slide at a time, so far I've scan 549 slides, that's a 1/3 of the slides! My grandfather apparently loved to take photos! He passed away when I was very little, but I inherited his love of photos!
Here is just a few of the scan slides! What do you think? It scans them in at 8x6 300dpi, so it's a good print quality too. I'm going to make a dvd with all the slides, and print some of the really awesome ones. The photo below was taken in Japan in the early 60's.
The tiny blonde haired boy is my dad!
My grandfather retired from the Airforce and had traveled all over the world. Unfortunately, I don't know where all the photos were taken. I can figure out which ones are Japan, Vietman, and Thailand, but the rest I have no idea! My grandma may know, but I'm trying to surprise her with this so it's tricky!


I haven't been very crafty lately, but I have been productive ;)
Have any of you ever done this? I keep scanning the slides in backwards, then I have to flip them all in photoshop! Anyone have any tricks or useful slide info? lol I'm very new to this!
Pin It

13 comments:

Molly said...

Oh what a neat Christmas gift!! I am going to have to buy one of those!! I love old pictures, especially ones of my granny. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
~Molly P

Alicia said...

What a great idea! That's going to be a gift for your entire family. :) Such a sweet gift!

chelseybell. said...

these are amazing! what an awesome gift!

Carrie said...

what a great gift!

♥Carrie

rosie! ♥ said...

that is such a sweet gift and i love the first one!

<3

Molly Le Blanc said...

Those ARE beautiful pictures! They scanned perfect. Have a glass of homemade sangria as you scan :) Thank you Becky for all that you do!

Carol Anne said...

That is really neat! I love old photos!

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

oh how lovely :) - I love looking at old family pics.

GraphXGrrl said...

That's really amazing of you! I'm sure she'll love it!

JenCoen said...

What a FanTasTic gift!! Let us know how it goes!! :-)

Jacque said...

Oo those picture are awesome! And they are really good quality! I think that is the sweetest gift idea!!

Laurie Anne said...

They're going to LOVE that gift! They come out so great!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Thank you for your sweet comments over at Rebel Blossom xx

Amber said...

What a great gift! How amazing to be able to look at all these photos!