Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sweetie Pie

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Please wish me luck baking apple pies (plural) this evening ;)
Thankfully, my sister and brother are excellent apple peelers and slicers!
Last year was the first time I ever made a pie, and it actually turned out pretty well!
Fingers crossed for this year!
I used tiny cookie cutters to put openings in the top of the pie. Thought it added a little something extra! Do you all have any special pie recipes? Share them in the comments for Christmas pies please!
One last thing, go HUG your grandparents!!! Thanksgiving is the perfect time! I've said this before, but grandparents are so much wiser than we are, talk to them, let them teach you something. Maybe a pie recipe?!

Kristin M., I'm thinking of you!
Molly, I'll see you at 4am
Pin It

18 comments:

mags said...

So sweet Becky!

Kristin M said...

Thanks Becky. It really meant a lot to me and our family to see all of you today. Unfortunately it wasn't under the best of terms. But I agree hug your grandparents. I know I could of never asked for better ones. Happy Thanksgiving!! P.S. See I told you I read your blog everyday!

Carrie said...

Have a great Thanksgiving too!

♥Carrie

Laurie Anne said...

I miss my grandparents terribly...I agree...go hug your grandparents and your parents...they won't be here forever! Happy Thanksgiving from your Canadian friend! xoxo

During Winter said...

Good luck with your apple pies, which I'm sure will come out amazing!

Happy Thanksgiving!

India Daisy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to ya!
xoxo

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

Yum! Have a great thanks giving :)

S and O said...

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with your pie making!!!
Apple pies are my favorite I was actually going to bake one this year but then I remembered I was also baking the yams, potatoes, green beans, and dinner rolls, and decided to pass that along to my sis and mom:)
Olivia

Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving all you wonderful gals ;) The pies actually turned out good!! And my brother and sister DID help! Have a fun day with your families!

Euphoria said...

have a great Thanksgiving!! Your pie looks awesome, the stars were a great touch!

Enjoy your day!

Sweet Escape said...

ooh!..yummy!...I gave you a kreativ blog award..go check it out!!

GraphXGrrl said...

Cute idea with the star cut-outs! Love it!

amber said...

I think it's safe to say I was actually the star apple peeler of the night...you're welcome! lol. Oh and I hope those pies turned out better than the egg/apple strudel! :)

Becky said...

:) amber, you keep gaga going!!! Ps the pies were better then the apple/egg strudel lol

Molly Le Blanc said...

The apples look simply delicious and juicy! And the pie looks yummy - thank you a billion beck!

Euphoria said...

how was your thanksgiving?!? Saw your flickr pics, your fam looks SO SO rad! You are all so adorable! I loved the photo with Nanny schooling you- LOL!

Tiffany said...

I love pie. I love fruit. I love my crafty blogger friends. hmmm... this sounds like something you should send me in the mail! yummy!

boots said...

i love the stars!!! i did hearts for mine - yumyum