Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Wonderfulness

I flew to Nashville over the weekend to get my sister, Lauren, so we could drive all the way home together for Thanksgiving. We had lots of fun, saw lots of interesting things, drink lots of Starbucks, ate alot of food, and saw our friend Andrea in GA!
Nashville is so pretty! The fall leaves had mostly fallen, but there were still a few orange and yellow leaves left.
We went to the FAKE Parthenon - which was odd, but interesting and huge! This one was not built in 432 BC, but much more recently right in the middle of Nashville. So strange! I wonder if I had sooo much money and I didn't know what to do with it, what ancient landmark I'd rebuild?! What would you rebuild?
While we were in Chattanooga, we visited Ruby Falls. It was AMAZING!!! You go way way underground and then you finally come to an underground waterfall. 
It's one of the prettiest things I've seen!
More pictures on Flickr. I didn't enhance these pictures, that was the lighting in the cave.
Stalagmites and stalactites everywhere!! Do you know which is which? I remember from geo class -StalacTites - T - the shape of the ones that hang from the cave ceiling. Now you know!
We did a bunch more stuff, but it may bore you all ;)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Pin It

12 comments:

miss indie said...

Awesome! Sounds like you both had a lot of fun :]
xo.

Carol Anne said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! Nashville is fun!

chelseybell. said...

aw, i love caves!!

GraphXGrrl said...

Pretty! Great pics!

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

you look so much like your sister!

Jacque said...

What a lovely trip!! My sister and I need to go on a roadtrip together sometime soon. Roadtrips are always more fun with your sister! I love the pics of the cave! Very pretty! That is so weird that they rebuilt the Parthenon in Nashville! I think it's cool, but very random!

betty | aStealerOfHearts.com said...

I love roadtrips. Looks like you guys had fun.

omnomnom I love that starbucks has their christmas drinks again

Kittie Kat said...

you two look so much alike! my sister and i look nothing alike. and those pictures of the underground are awesome. take care & love!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Hi! Found you on ModPodgeRocks and LinkWithin put up your post on Wood Transfers. Love it. I linked to it and wanted to share back to you. Thanks so much.
http://muralmaker1.blogspot.com/2009/11/easy-wood-transfers.html

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love road trips! Ohhh... and caves. That one looks beautiful!

apparentlyjessy said...

You two seem to have the coolest road trips together!
I love the cave pictures, I swear they are so similar to a friends cave pictures she showed me, but hers were in China!!
I think if I were for rebuilt an ancient landmark, I would want an medieval castle for me to live in!

Laurie Anne said...

What a great time you shared with your sister! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Happy Thanksgiving! from your friend across the border xx