Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hello everyone!!

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did!
My siblings and I cut close to 50 apples, while Amber played Lady GaGa for us. We made 3 pies and 2 strudel and had a gallon size bag of cut up apples left over.  My brother Danny got a blister from peeling the apples - poor baby!
We took Christmas card pictures, ate a ton (because my Aunt Jackie is the best cook), crocheted, looked at a zillion World Expo Quilt Show pictures, and enjoyed the day together!
The highlight of the day was getting this 1950's projector to work. With my Uncle Travis' help we were able to watch old movies my grandpa made 45 years ago. It was awesome!! 
I finished scanning all the slides, finally!! It was not an easy task ;)
Here is an old photo of Weeki Wachee, you Floridians are familiar with this I'm sure! 
Now I want to go! Have any of you been?
This is just one of my favorite slides! That is nurse Jackie (Aunt Jackie) and that cowboy is my dad! Hilarious! Now I just to put them on a DVD with some music from my sister iPod. 
Oh and I now have brownish red hair, no more blonde.  
What do you think? I'm sure the blonde will be back soon.
I'm excited about Christmas! I did some online shopping and etsy shopping over the weekend. No malls for this girl- no thank you! I think it would bum me out. I also have a list of projects that need to get finished before Christmas. First I need to shake my cold! Wish me luck!
Pin It

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

girll! you're hair looks great. Very wintery, even if we do live in good ole Florida. :)

p.s. who needs malls, when it's a ton more fun getting packages in the mail!

tegan said...

your hair looks great! I'm going to Florida in February - so excited!

Becky said...

:) thank you Jennifer!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your hubby! And yes I LOVE getting things in the mail, even when they aren't for me lol

Tegan -Thank you!!! And that's awesome your coming to FL, what are you going to see while you're here? Let me know :)

Molly Le Blanc said...

Becky. That was a whole week of no blogging. I was getting worried. Love the hair! You can rock any look - you wear it well :)

chelseybell. said...

i was just thinking about how i hadn't read your blog in awhile. and then came this lovely post.

love your hair, and all of your thanksgiving photos!

get well soon!!

daNgo said...

GAGA FTW!

Ashleigh said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! You're cute either way and can rock both colors :) Old movies, slides, and photos are the best! I'm glad you got to enjoy those with your family :) Feel better!

brotherly love said...

still healing my wound! cant wait to be home...i want more pie please- ill help make it again :) i love your ginger head but i like blonde too... be home soon- hope myrtle makes it! cross your fingers! love you

Laurie Anne said...

Hi Becky! I missed you while you were away~but I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. Thank you for sharing it with us..you have a lovely, supportive, special family.
I like your hair! alot!
Hugs!

THE FLOSSINATOR : )) said...

TRE KY00T BIA!!!! I LOVE THIS SHIZZZ! cant wait to see it in person so soon and have more farley family fun time in a week or so : ) loves you

Kathryn said...

weeki wachee :D my grandparents used to take us every year. the mermaid show was so great. good memories :)

boots said...

WOW pretty hair - what a change - you look good blonde or brunette- but i am a blonde for life so!!! LOL

Amber said...

Becky... hope you get to feeling better! I am with you and the whole shopping thing. Online is the way too go!!

Oh...and I love your hair. I think you look darling with it dark!! But you look just as good blonde too! Not too many people can pull off both!!

Have a great weekend.
XOXO

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

I love your new hair colour - it looks great!

So glad you had a fantastic Thanksgiving - the projector would have been so fun to watch.

Carrie said...

Love the hair! Cute Thanksgiving pic!