Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thanx Jax

My Aunt Jackie is a whiz-bang-a-roo when it comes to cooking, sewing, quilting, embroidery - you name it! For Christmas she made this little draw string pouch with this very pretty Kaffe Fassett fabric! She didn't just make me one, but she made everyone a pouch! She's the busiest lady I know!
It's perfect for storing your thread and scissors if you sew. Or jewelry or makeup! Just very pretty! Thank you Jax! 
She also gave me these two wonderful books! The Art Nouveau book is perfect for embroidery and I have been wanting the Encyclopedia of Crochet for awhile now!! I can't wait to get started. Have any of you read the Encyclopedia of Crochet? I'm curious if it's easy to follow, because I don't even know the names of the stitches - like double crochet? Or slip stitch? Hopefully this book  will help!
Pin It

5 comments:

I BLEED PINK said...

Those are so cute. You are so lucky to have such crafty family members.

-heather- said...

that bag is awesome!!! i've never read The Encyclopedia of Crochet, but I can tell you that when you're making a granny square you are double crocheting. :) you're already using a slip stitch when you make grannies too! so, you're already ahead! you'll be fabulous at figuring it out!!
<3

cupcake cutie said...

that pouch is adorable!!!
i remember my grandma used to make those.
cuteee xo

laoose said...

"whiz-bang-aroo" my new catch phrase : )

sdillondesign said...

I love those shelves/cabinets, especially the green one!