Thursday, December 17, 2009

Twinkle twinkle little crocheted star

Guess who's making star garland tonight!? Me! 
Last night I made this little guy. I used this tutorial, and I think if you have granny squares down, you can easily make the stars. Try it! 

I was really stoked about how it turned out! You can use them for garland, or put them on Christmas gifts, or add a hook and beads for an ornament!
What other shapes can I make? Do you all have any good tutorials? 
I'll post the rest of my stars tomorrow.
Pin It

8 comments:

Sherry said...

That is so cute! I'm still working on the different stitches. Maybe after Christmas I'll have something finished, even if it is a strand of chains :)

PaisleyJade said...

I really like those ones... I might just have to try some tonight too!

Danielle said...

Wow! That is really neat! I wish I could do that!

Judith Cebreros said...

I'll need to give them another try. My stars keep coming out like circles.

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

What a lovely idea - can't wait to see how it all comes out.

carly. said...

that's so good! they would make really cute gift attachments...

i say, try a heart! might be hard cause it's rounded but if you conquer it, i would pay you to make me a bunch so i can hang them like a garland!

cuteseas said...

adorable blog! i wish i could crochet!!!! i bet the garland turned out beautiful!

is mickey a maltese too? i have a little maltese pup named aida <3

landofcuteseas.blogspot.com

Molly Le Blanc said...

Becky! Love the star. On a side note - I would love this! Can we make it? We could update the style - but it would be a new granny square option :)

http://www.string-or-nothing.com/content/imgs/cs0422a.jpg