Monday, January 18, 2010

Nesting love

I had a goal over the weekend and I did not accomplish that goal. Oh well, I can next weekend! 
I bought this DIY Nesting Doll set on etsy awhile ago, and have never done anything with them. I need to find them, that maybe goal one and goal two will be painting them.
Also in that cute shop is this little nesting house! I want it, but I'm making myself finish the doll one first!
I was given my first nesting doll by my grandfather, he and my uncle visited Austria. I thought they were pretty awesome then and now I can appreciate all the detail and time that was put into them.  This little necklace is wonderful - found here. 
These clever prints found here.
I love these!
The gold looks pretty here.
And my most favorite, the side show nesting dolls!
I hope you all had very lovely weekends, if you met goals or not ;) 
Pin It

13 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Oh I will love to see what you come up with for these dolls Becky! I bet it will be rad!
I remembered that Emily from Inside a Black Apple did a very cute monster set last year: http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/2009/04/monster-matryoshka.html

(I loved the Christmas card you sent back to me btw, very cute with Mickey on the front!)

chelseybell. said...

ooh, i'm excited to see how your nesting dolls turn out--what a neat kit!

i love the side show nesting dolls--so funny...but still kinda creepy :).

Carrie said...

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Love the tattoos btw

Carrie

Giggly said...

Awww...nesting dolls always make me happy. :) Can't wait to see yours all dolled up. ;-)

Sweet Escape said...

woa! how rad that they sell nesting doll kits!,,i'm not good with painting so they would prob won't look so good! can't wait to see yours finished!!!

Holly said...

I need to buy some of those DIY dolls stat. :)

India Daisy said...

oh how i LOVE that tattoo!
xoxo

Charlotte said...

Oh they're so cute! Especially the little guys in the last photo with their pristine moustaches! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Lindsay said...

oh this will be a fun project!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Molly Le Blanc said...

I love all of them! Pretty Amazing.

PaisleyJade said...

Such cool photos - I have just bought my first nesting doll and I think I am totally addicted!!!

laoose said...

lolol i thought the first of these "nesting dolls" were toes... how odd! love that necklace

Bird Trouble said...

OMG thanks a lot becky. Now I NEED a stacking dolls tattoo WAAAAAAAAH