Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fancy Mickey

Look! Silje painted Mickey's picture! Note his little lamb! I love it! Thank you, Silje!
You can have your pup or kitty or mouse painted too, just email Silje.
Over the weekend I purchased a very obnoxious ornate frame from Ikea. I can't lie Ikea is overwhelming! Way too much for me to handle, but I saw the frame awhile back and wanted it then but didn't have a use for it. But now! Now I do! Just look! The picture didn't completely fill the frame, so I used Anna Marie Horner fabric as a border. It's crooked I know, but I was so excited to put it up I didn't want to take it apart again. I'll fix it soon-ish.
So there you go! Fancy little Mickey painting!
 Please ignore the disaster on the desk.

What other mediums could I create Mickey in? lol Wool Mickey? Mickey on velvet?
 
Have you seen Coraline?
 And the two crazy old ladies that live in the downstairs apartment with the dogs?
If you have I bet you're laughing! 
Pin It

8 comments:

chelseybell. said...

i love how sophisticated he looks--and the frame just makes it even better. he should have on a top hat or something :).

Sara Kate said...

Silje's painting of Mickey turned out wonderfully! He is such an adorable pup!

Laurie Anne said...

Love the painting and the frame is gorgeous! But it's the fact that Mickey is dang good looking that makes it all work :) xo

Giggly said...

I love that painting!!!! So cute!!

Silje Røe Hagland said...

He is freaking cuuuute! I love what you did with the frame :)

Adorable! <3

xo.

Jenny said...

I was checking out Etsy this morning and came across these valentines. I remembered you were looking for vintage squirrel valentines. Here's the link
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40543575&ref=cat2_gallery_19

Have a Happy Valentines Day!

apparentlyjessy said...

Yey! I have a Silje portrait on the way in the mail of my kitty! I love how you framed it, I got my sister one of those frames for her B'day last year, they are great huh!

India Daisy said...

I watch Coraline every 2nd day, my kids LOVE it!