Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Story So Far.......

Here's the start of my "House to a Home Project."

The dining room chairs were in need of a serious change! The original chair fabric was stained and very boring, so I went to Ikea and picked out a darker or busy fabric. Darker + Busy = can't see stains! Oh Ikea has the thicker canvas fabrics, which are perfect for chairs and cushions!
I went out and bought a cheap staple gun, and it did not work!! It was terrible, I fought with it for an hour! The cheap staple gun beat me, so I borrowed my dads electric staple gun. An electric staple gun is way better than the $8 ones from target!
I bought so much fabric (way more than I needed) just incase I made a mistake. I just placed the cushion on the fabric, cut around it, and then went to town with the staple gun!

Here's all you need:
1. scissors
2. fabric
3. ELECTRIC staple gun
4. screw driver

And tada! You are good to go!
I was thinking if you really wanted to you could change the fabric with the seasons! I do it with quilts/sheets/pillows on the bed, so why not the chairs too!

The Story So Far -name the band :)
I loved them so much!
Pin It

8 comments:

Amber said...

Love that fabric!!

Tailored Trash Queen said...

My dining room chairs have needed to be recovered desperately!!! Your pics have given me the courage to try it out myself!!! This is a project that has scared me but now I'm thinking perhaps I can do this! Thanks for sharing -- great fabric choice by the way!

I BLEED PINK said...

I need to cover my couches, I wonder if I could take the same approach?

danny said...

i wish it was our chairs in Tampa! those are still so ugly.

chelseybell. said...

look at you getting all homes and gardens on us!

love the fabric, and will definitely remember this when I have actual dining room furniture :).

Miss Wanderlust said...

so cool! I love the fabric and I think it's so cool that you are re-doing these. I am so afraid to even attempt something like this :)
ha!

Sarah said...

This is awesome! I am definitely going to try and attempt something similar.

Fantastic fabric as well! :)

Mags said...

I know this is going way back on your blog...but I just want to say, I love your chairs, especially seeing them on Sunday. Anyway, I was just wondering when you could find time in your busy schedule to cover mine? I have the material! :) I love you!