Friday, February 19, 2010

Take me to the fair......

I have and will always love the fair, carnivals, and the circus.
So many colors, sounds, and smells! It's like nothing else!
We always went growing up!

These first three Carnival wonders are from Heyyoyo!
Her shop is perfect for kid party supplies or grownups, whichever!
Oh the duck game!
I think you couldn't loose at this game, maybe that's why our parents let us play it. All the other games, oh no forget it, $30 bucks for a bear -NOPE!

These photos are from my flickr. I missed the fair this year - whompwhomp.
I didn't miss the circus though!

More party supply ideas, 1 yard of carnival tickets from Wildheart515's etsy.
I do remember one year we (my siblings and I) won a tiny little goldfish at the school carnival and the next day we got a fancy fish tank and 5 other fish to keep him company!
Do you know why they all carnival glass carnival glass? They would give it out as prizes back in the day at the carnival. Pretty interesting huh? Now they give out toys with lead! Just kidding I don't know that for sure!
So once a year the nomadic crazy carnies come to town to brighten your day - go see em!
Pin It

12 comments:

carly. said...

i'm afraid of clowns so circus' were never really my thang. i love fairs though and the excitement and cotton candy!! when you get married, you should have a theme wedding!!

Carrie said...

confess I have never been to a fair I am not sure why either weird huh but I love all the pics!

have a great day oh yea and stop by to check out the great giveaway i am part of...

Carrie

Becky said...

Carly, you're funny! friends and family always tease me about what my wedding will be like lolol ;) but it would be awesome to have a big top tent, sooo much food, jugglers, lights, more food lol

Carrie, you live in GA, how is it possible you haven't been to a fair?!! :) I feel like next to FL, GA is number 2 for fairs and carnivals!

chelseybell. said...

i think the toys with lead bit is probably true--i remember going to the fair when i was really, really young and they would have hair metal band posters and tshirts as prizes...like guns n roses and all that stuff. i'm glad i got to see that :).

apparentlyjessy said...

I love the fair, or Royal Show as we call it here. It is always such a fun experience, and always makes me very nostalgic for my childhood!

You totally should have a carnival themed wedding...or even just a party...next Halloween theme perhaps!?

Dorian said...

I missed out on the fall fair last year and I'm pretty sure 2009 is the only year I didn't go through out my life. Kinda bums me out when I think about it. Oh well I'm looking forward to going this year though. My favourite ride is the tilt a whirl but I mostly go for the food :)

christina said...

These pics are great.
I was just reminiscing about one of the town fairs we used to go to when I was little. It was so exciting - the loud music, the smell of funnel cake and cotton candy, the anticipation of winning a prize.
Fun memories!

Molly Le Blanc said...

Weddings and more wedding talk - ;) Can't wait for yours!

cupcake cutie said...

awwwww i love this post.
so cute!!!

cupcake cutie said...

awwwww i love this post.
so cute!!!

cupcake cutie said...

awwwww i love this post.
so cute!!!

laoose said...

"now they just give toys with lead" hahahhaaaaa... i did always wonder about the name though - thanks!