Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thank you!



Yesterday I received some very wonderful mail! My best friend, Kris sent me this beautiful knit headband! She was wearing one the last time I visited her and I wanted it!! Being the best friend she is she bought me one for my birthday! Thank you Kris, I love you very much!
She also sent me this lovely card :) (sorry to my aunts if the kids are looking at this lol)
Long story short, I rarely swear, and she has the mouth of a sailor (it's ok though because she's a SUPER intelligent lady, she has like 4 Master degrees from Harvard - no lie) and 6 years ago we were walking throw Georgetown in DC and her boyfriend at the time had an ex-girlfriend in town. Needless to say she was less than happy. The girl kept whining about eating or something stupid and I yelled out Well F*#k a Duck! It made Kris laugh and the whining girl shut it and the day was lovely! I found that F a duck cross stitch on flickr one day and emailed it to Kris - it made her day!

Kris is my very dear friend! We became best buds in our senior year of highschool, we went to college very far from one another, but constantly visited one another. We traveled around the world together! I am so lucky to have a friend like her! I love her and her family so much! Thank you Kris!

Pin It

12 comments:

cupcake cutie said...

awwww so cute.
that hat looks adorable on youuuu.

xxoxo

cupcake cutie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danny said...

Thats so funny i remember you tards always using that expression and my little virgin ears were pierced! Kristen is such a good friend and i miss her a lot! love you kristen! and love you too Becks for sending me my 1st (and im sure only) care package today! ill be eagerly awaiting by my mailbox tomorrow :) see you soooon love you

Cat said...

CUTE hat! That duck picture is cute, I love the story behind it! Great friends are the BEST! :)

xoxo,
Cat

Lindsay said...

what a cute post!! The cross stitch made me laugh!! Love the hat too!
xoxo,
Lindsay

yulia. said...

uhh... the headband is adorable!

chelseybell. said...

love the headband!

and that story is hilarious.

i love cute friends that are just the best!

Sarah said...

Hahaha, best cross stitch EVER.

Jessica said...

that is a cute headband!

:)

India Daisy said...

Loved the story - so funny!
xoxo

Ta2edSAHM said...

omg..."Go F*** a DUCK" lmao...my mother in law use to say that (recently passed away) if only I knew how to cross stich, I would totally make one to frame and have around to keep it going =)

carly. said...

that headband is soooo adorable!! i love it. don't you wish it was colder in florida??

also. i can't believe that is you in that last photo with the loooong hair!! gimme it.