Friday, February 26, 2010

Things I ........

I'm in LOVE with these vintage letters! I found them in different etsy shops! It's a giant word search game via etsy. I'm thinking I'll take a 2x4 board, paint it red, and put these letters on it over the weekend. What do you think? 


I have lots of favorite things, and here's my newest favorite items - Letterpress letters! 
You may not know this but I work at a printer - very glamorous I know. And my dad works at the newspaper here locally.  Neither of us are actually printers, but wouldn't it be neat to have an old letter press!? So I started collecting the letterpress letters for my -fingers crossed- letterpress one day! Etsy is filled with wonderful letterpress letters! 
This letterpress drawer is awesome! 
So different from photoshop and fancy fonts. 

I really think these mermaid book ends from Plasticland are perfect!
Isn't this cake carry so pretty! The top saids, "Everything is better with frosting!" 
I don't like frosting, but I know that many people do! This is over at Plasticland too!
I found this on etsy during my little lamb search! It's a death moth felted pin, you may remember it from Silence of the Lambs -Chelsey this will be your one for today! The really death moth has a skull shape design on it's back - pretty amazing. My great aunt wears bug pins on her shoulder (she's a nut ps) maybe she would love this!
And these - I thought of my brother when I saw these, the texting king! When he's home his cell phone is NEVER quiet. He's a charming fellow, what can I say! Danny I need to make you an STFU one :) I love you and miss you!

Have a wonderful weekend! 
Pin It

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Those mermaid bookends are beautifulll.

And I love the "LOVE" board idea, what a fun word search indeed! :)

PaisleyJade said...

Ooo - cute things, especially the letter press drawer!

chelseybell. said...

oh man. that's creepier than when buffalo bill tucks his junk in--and that's pretty freaking creepy.

maybe i'll be clarice for halloween and make a felt one of those to wear over my mouth (like on the movie cover). but then i'd probably end up choking on it or something.

i looovvvvveeee those letterpress letters--so pretty. i was just looking at some (on etsy, of course) the other day!

Cat said...

wow, all this stuff is great! I love the letterpress letters and the letter press box! :)

xoxo,
Cat

PS. I think your vintage LOVE letters would look great against a red background!

jelly said...

i like all the goodies! especially the mermaid bookends.

Ashley Ann said...

I love the mermaid bookends!

Jenny S said...

The exclamation blocks are amazing! I love them xo

danny said...

thanks sis for thinking of me :) im sorry that i got my texting trait from my lovely older sister :) nokia 3390...those were the dayyyzz

Amber said...

the letters you found are amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with them. I think putting them on a red board sounds perfect!
Loving the mermaid bookends too. My mother in law collects mermaids! I am going to have to check that out for her upcoming birhtday. Hope you had a good weekend!
XOXO

christinaalessi said...

I'd like to talk about that little green owl in the second picture. Is that yours? I'm in love.
I saw similar ones at the museum near my house and I've been thinking about them ever since.

Elle said...

I love your blog! It's so cute. And you find so many neat things :)
I am crazy for the vintage letters and word searching on etsy. I'm going to have to try it myself!

boots said...

whoa! i thought that moth was real for a sec! its huge and scary- but the skull is pretty sweet! , i didnt realize i had neveer followed your blog and just became a follower- silly me, i was wondering where your updates were ? lol

cuteseas said...

I love the mermaid book ends. Very pretty!

Thanks for the kind words :) No, I haven't picked a mascara out yet :(

x

landofcuteseas.blogspot.com

boots said...

oh and i forgot to tell you ! i am taking a letterpress class this weekend- so excited!!

Anonymous said...

I WANT THE BOOKENDS.