Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Antsy Pants

I've been getting antsy about The Great Granny Square Swap! Normally I NEVER finish anything on time, just ask my friends still waiting on wedding quilts, graduation quilts, sugar skull quilts, etc. But I finished all my squares for the swap kind of early, because we don't swap til mid April. To cure this antsy-ness Karla over at The Itsy Bitsy Spider asked if I'd print a few crochet pattern booklets for her. She put together a 24 page booklet full of completely awesome crochet patterns! Go to her blog to download it! She asked Stephanie, if she could use her incredible illustration for the cover, and of course she said yes!
So go download it! It's for beginners too, it has the basic granny square pattern in there! Below are 2 squares from the Itsy Bitsy Spider!
Since this swap is almost over, Amber (our wonderful leader of the swap) was wondering what kind of swap we should do next! A few ideas - Maybe doing a color swap.... assigning a partner and then we would have one color and you would craft/buy/create within that color scheme. Maybe a Spring accessory swap? Small crochet item swap?
Any ideas? Leave em in the comments!

Pin It

16 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

I will definately be downloading!Thank you Becky :)
You could do a cosmetic bag swap, or oven mitt, or tote bag swap ? just some ideas off the top of my head...

Kjirsten said...

I just posted about her swap on my page. I am soooo excited. I am excited to see the granny square booklet as well. I am on my way to download it!!!
<3
Kjirsten
http://sewgraciouslyblessed.blogspot.com

BuenoBueno said...

i suck. i mis judged the count on feather necklaces. i can still get one in about a week. or i can send you a cactus one, a elephant, heart lock, anchor, or firebird.
IM SO SORRY FOR DELAY.
there will be a surprise to make up for it. i promise!
let me know
iheartbueno@gmail.com

Shanny said...

I think we should do a crochet toy swap. They can be so darling.

PaperCameraScissor said...

I wish I could crochet. :(

sdillondesign said...

This might be the designer/complete paper geek in me, but how cool to have a swap where everyone made handmade greeting cards? They could be made out of all kinds of materials including fabric and pretty things.

Also, thanks again for sharing my illustration! I have gotten so much feedback from this one piece. It seriously makes my day to see people enjoy something I am so passionate about. XO!

elycia said...

what a great idea to make a granny square booklet! awesome.
i can't wait to get my squares.
i like the idea of another swap...but i'm indecisive on what my favourite idea is. i like the colour one...but i also like the small crochet item. and the accessory one. haha i am not helpful!
talk to you soon.

Ladybastard said...

love u! :)

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

the books look AWESOME Becky! Can't wait to see it in person!

I like the idea of a pouch/purse swap or an amigurumi swap... but then again, you know me and amigurumi ;-)

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

Oooo... just had another idea... what about a crochet-a-round? Everyone does the same pattern but interpret the pattern as we see fit (colors, etc). Then we swap the finished pieces. I would happily volunteer my amigurumi cupcake pattern if there's interest ==> http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-cupcake-for-crochet

daNgo said...

Still waiting on my apple logo skull!

apparentlyjessy said...

I think I will have to try and participate in the next swap...I am sad I am missing out on the awesome granny square one!

Sew Charitable said...

Thanks for the link about the crochet booklet. Awesome! I love to crochet since it's so much faster than knitting.

I like the idea of crocheting a make up bag or something completely practical. Swapping colors is great too!

amy lapi said...

that's such a great idea! your grannies are beautiful. i have a similar thing going on at my blog, it's called operation granny square... it's not a swap, but i'm donating to charity for each square. i love getting squares from all over the world. :) :)

-heather- said...

stinkin cute! thats what that is! i would love another swap of any kind!

Kellie said...

Okay, the problem is that I liked everyone's ideas. I would totally dig another swap, but I also want to do a crochet around - there is this 12 inch square blanket with different squares that I think would make a great crochet-along idea. I also want to try my hand at amigurumi and I LOVE making cards, so Steph's swap is a cool idea too. Eeks!