Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pretty Things

I've been meaning to show you all this embroidered apron for awhile now. My Nanny made this apron when she was my age or maybe younger. She is always letting me go through her old craft stuff and I found this and thought it was beautiful! My Nanny is so funny/rotten, she's like, "Oh that, yea I was always making things like that." Like it was no big deal. 

She told me they came in kits with the pattern on there, she put the ric-rac on there and then hand embroidered the whole thing! Pretty much like Sublime Stitch kits, which I love so much!

Just very pretty, so I thought I'd share it! 

I saw this over at Shana Logic and thought it was adorable! That's felt in there - you see it?
 Oh you tricky felt! I'm going to give felting another try. Any ideas on what I should make?
Pin It

16 comments:

danny said...

i can just hear nanny saying that "oh yeah yeah yeah it was nothin' really." and then you asking her how in fact she sewed it "oh i dono its been a while..."

Becky said...

Exactly!! lol She's a nut and I love her so much!

Laurie Anne said...

Becky My Mom has almost the exact same apron in the same colours...she made hers back in Portugal. It is a very traditional portuguese pattern. Kool!

I BLEED PINK said...

Wow, that apron is Awesome!!!

Giggly said...

How adorable!!! I love white stitched on red!!

danny said...

try thiss....
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20883432&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=maltese&ga_search_type=category&category=pets&ga_page=15&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

boots said...

that is too cute!! the necklace, but the apron rocks to. i have a few aprons my mommy made when she was my age, they are the cutest, but sers. i want that necklace! make that tonight!

Christine said...

Wow, I love the colores!
She sounds like my mom;
oh, that old sweater, I made it when I was 12.
Haha!
Luv your blog sweetie!
<3

chelseybell. said...

so pretty!

carly. said...

that apron is sooo gorgeous. i love the style of the embroidery! and the sugar skull below is great! i want a custom one sometime...but i'm not quite sure of what yet!!

ps: THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOOOOU for the package you sent me!! i was soooo excited when i got home late on monday night from vacation and had a big brown box waiting for me :) i looooove mail!! i need to send you some goodies soon too, everyone loves mail. anyway, i love everything!! you are the cutest :)

Ashley Ann said...

That apron is awesome!

Maybe felt a little lamb for little Mickey?

cupcake cutie said...

OHMYGOSH,
i love that apron so much,
best colour & amazing pattern.

i love the half aprons, they are so sweet.
i think i have a total of 9 aprons now. you can never have too many!

cuteness:)
xo

Amber said...

What a beautiful apron! Aren't grandmas funny? My great grandma doesn't understand why I like all this "old" stuff of hers!

The Fancy Lady said...

wow this is so pretty! your grandma is super talented it must be where you get it from. i wish my grandma saved her cool old stuff she only keeps stuff now and its all crappy i did get a fox stole from her my grandpa got for her with her name embrodiared in it i love that

¶ Michelle said...

oh so PRETTY!!! :D

christinaalessi said...

That apron is out of control. I love it!