Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Weekend #2

Thought I'd share my weekend with you! Zero crafting took place, but it was a ton of fun. This was the last weekend for the Tampa Bay Renaissance Festival, so we went! It was a perfect day out.

We of course ate first thing!

My sweet friends.

I now want a hula hoop! I'm really good ps. I had one when I was little, it was purple. I could spin it around my waist, arm, neck, and leg. Just hula hooping for a few minutes made me realize I should probably go to the gym lol

Best $10 I've sent - EVER! This is a homemade wooden marshmallow catapult!
After the festival we had a big family dinner and shot marshmallows at each other all night. My brother is such a sport, because he was the target for most of the evening!
You can buy one of these guys here.
Here is my fox!
My uncle, Robert Michael Fox, was this very amazing person, who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was very successful and very generous and very kind. He had this awesome excitement for life. He and his wife weren't able to have kids, so he would take us (his nieces and nephews) on all these once in a life time trips. I saw snow for the first time with him and then he threw me in it! He was only 35 when he passed away from a heart problem. I didn't tell you this story to make you sad! I love talking about him! Recently I saw a fox going through a parking lot, where I was stopped checking directions (because I was lost). Other people in my family have seen foxes too and we say it's Robert looking after us.
I hope your second weekend of Spring was great too!
Still picking the giveaway winners tonight!
Pin It

11 comments:

Molly Le Blanc said...

Very fun day :) Have you used your water balls yet? lol

Becky Farley said...

Yes! I let lil Robbie have a bunch, he wanted to put them in the catapult! And my uncle Matt ate one lol

GraphXGrrl said...

That's a great tattoo & a great reason to get one.

Your weekend looks like it was lots of fun!

miss indie said...

ohmygosh marshmallow catapult!! that is adorable! :]

Carrie said...

I can't not let my family know about marshmallow catapults lol! I love the tattoo and hula hoops are great!

Carrie

danny said...

wish i could have gone! im glad you all had fun, be home again on Thursday :)

Amber said...

Oh man hula hoops. My body probably wouldn't remember how to do it! Yikes.
I love that tattoo even more now that I know the story behind it.
XOXO

Ashley Ann said...

Dang! I suck at hula hooping. I'd like to be good at it though. Any tips? :D

Mags said...

I love the tribute and story you wrote about Uncle Bobby! He was a great man with a heart of gold. I miss him so much and hopefully, if I'm lucky, will see him again someday. You are an awesome daughter and niece, Becky! I love you, Mom

Silje Røe Hagland said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love the story about your uncle <3

The tattoo looks amazing!

xo.

apparentlyjessy said...

Becky, I am so late on commenting on this, sorry! I LOVE your fox tattoo and the story behind it. Your Uncle sounds like he was an amazing man.
The marshmallow catapults sounds like so much fun! I would love to buy one, but I have a feeling I would be the 'victim' of it to often!