Friday, April 9, 2010

all made up

A few of you have asked what type of makeup I use, so here you go! Now please remember half the time I have no clue what I'm doing, it's mostly trial and error and ALOT of help from my sister, Lauren. If I see it in her makeup bag I buy it!

1. Harajuka Lovers G
(I also wear Lolita Lempicka - it's my favorite)
2. OPI Siberian Nights when I wear nail polish
3. Almay liquid eyeliner - inexpensive and my favorite!
4. Murad Acne Spot Treatment because I need it
5. Buxom Mascara by bareEscentuals - Blackest Black of course
7. Prime Time or any makeup primer (I don't use it everyday)
8. Carmex lip balm - my vice! I don't wear lipstick.
9. Fekkai Glossing Cream for my SUPER dry hair
10. Bare Minerals Foundation in Light SPF 15 Matte
11. Sephora eyeshadows and blush kit & brown eyeshadow from Target

My sister, Lauren recommended this Glossing Cream to me when I went from brown to blonde and wrecked my poor hair! I was hesitant to buy it because it is a bit costly, but it is worth every penny! My hair is actually soft, which with all the bleach in it is amazing!
Thank you Lauren again!!!

One thing I love doing is taking bubble bathes, as hot as they can be and with a good book or a sudoku book! I love the bath bombs for LUSH and that pink swirly thing is bubbles, and you break a piece off, stick it in the tub, and BUBBLES! It last along time! Do you know of any good etsy bubble bomb sellers?

Here are two items I couldn't be without - Carmex and Brow Wiz eyebrow pencil by Anastasia.
Carmex is my vice! I have tubes and little tubs of it everywhere; purse, nightstand, desk, makeup bag. I think my lips have become a bit addicted to it. Oh well it costs a dollar and I love it! Now for the eyebrow pencil, one of my favorite things to do is pluck my eyebrows lol. Growing up I had the thickest, darkest brows, maybe BROW, because they were almost connected! So my mom taught me how to disconnect them lol and not to over pluck! But I have over plucked the ends, so I pencil those suckers in :)

I remember the first time I wore "makeup," I had Dr. Pepper chap stick and a tiny tub of Cover Girl Mascara. The tub of mascara came in this being a girl kit we got in 7th grade. It's strange because we went to Catholic school and you were NOT allowed to wear makeup, but my sister and I always did lol. I think in 8th grade my mom took me to the Clinique counter and bought me beginner makeup, but then I'd get my dad to buy the grocery store makeup, "Did your mom say it was ok?" "Of course!" Aww that's the beginning of the story of how we bleached my sister's hair in 5th grade, "Did your mom say it was ok?" "Of course!" Yikes! Lauren cried all night and had to get her hair dyed back the next day, I never saw it once it was bleached, she wrapped it in a towel. It was very traumatic! Sorry Lauren lol

When did you start wearing makeup?
Wonder if I have girls, when will I let them wear makeup? I couldn't tell them no lol that'd be hypocritical, but hopefully they won't grow up too fast!


ps I'll be back with crafts over the weekend!
I promise!

Pin It

26 comments:

daNgo said...

List of makeup Daniel uses:

Colgate Toothpaste.

The End

Dlsarmywife said...

I think I was about 13 or 14 when I started wearing make-up, never really wore alot of it and honestly still don't but I do certainly appreciate the gals who can apply it gorgeously without looking over-done. We keep tubs of carmex around the house too, love the stuff.
I am VERY VERY curious about the 'roll' of bubble stuff...who makes it or where can I find it. I LOVE taking baths just like you do, hot as I can stand it and full of bubbles! =D I'm always on the look out for good bubble makers!

Courtney said...

First of all YAY! for Lush! I love them though sometimes I buy things and just can't bring myself to use it because they are soo pretty.

I wasn't technically allowed to wear makeup when I was younger and I keep telling my parents they should have just let me because now I go crazy with it! I'm a friend to color and love wearing it!

Jennifer said...

I love this post, Becky!

All of the make up I where, is Origins, except for my mascara...I use LashBlast lol. I started using it about 6 months ago and I'm hooked. So much that my friend and I go every two weeks and get minifacials from them and the lady knows us by name, haha. So addicting. :)

I love Origins Lip Remedy! ugh, best stuff ever...I'm always finding it around my house. lol :)

Aubrey said...

I love Lush! I discovered it while visiting London and had the best smelling luggage going home! As far as wearing makeup goes, I think I had like pale pink (invisible) eyeshadow in middle school. I teach 7th grade though and am amazed with how much makeup the girls wear and how long they spend straightening their hair etc!

carly. said...

i've been thinking about getting a makeup primer recently. do they really help in keeping makeups on all day? i would assume so right? since that's what they are for. have you tried different ones and if so, is that your favourite?

i love that raspberry coloured toast-looking bubble maker! very cool. now, if i only had a bath tub...we use to at our old place and i agree, baths are amazing, super hot...a good book...glass of wine; heaven! i miss my tub!!

the first thing i started wearing was white eyeliner and clear mascara, haha that was all i was allowed to wear at first! and i think i was in grade six...that's what everyone wore then. haha, ew...white eyeliner...i wonder if it'll ever make a comeback. doubtful!

ps: your makeup always looks so pristine. your eyebrows and eye liner are so awesome!!

pps: ups tried to drop off the package of fabric to me today but i was at work! i have to call them so i will be around when they drop it off next, don't want it getting sent back!!

ppps: i've asked you a million times but i don't think you've ever answered me. do you have facebook? IF you do, add me! it's just my full name

carly. said...

wow. longest. comment. ever.

Courtney said...

Carly- I wear white eyeliner on my waterline all the time! It makes me look far more away and alive. I swear!

chelseybell. said...

i was probably thirteen or fourteen when I started wearing makeup, but it was never much at all. i'm still not even sure if i'm even wearing or applying my makeup "right", but it's working so far! lol.

i loved all the stories mixed in with this post. reminded me of me and my sisters.

PaperCameraScissor said...

I love make-up!! I see a few things I have in my make-up bag.

Does the Murad acne spot treatment work? I am looking for something for myself and dd.

Kjirsten said...

Awww...I love make up!!! I can't wear any now or use any fun hair products until I get an allergy test done. We are not sure what I am allergic to but I can't wait to find out. So now I am using Vaseline for lotion, no dye or fragrance shampoo and conditioner! Boo! But when I do find out...watch out world...we won't have scary Kjirsten anymore!!! :D
<3
Kjirsten
http://sewgraciouslyblessed.blogspot.com

elycia said...

i love that perfume. and the bottle is so cute...possibly the main reason i bought it. i'm a sucker for pretty packaging.

lolo sr said...

Awwww! I love this post...It's amazing that I dye my own hair now considering that traumatic experience when I was 12 years old!!!

That is fuh-her sure not everything in your makeup bag though!!!! But I approve of everything except for that natty perfume...blehhhh....stop wearing that ;)

India Daisy said...

No ways - Lolita is my FAVE as well! Mmmmmm - great taste!

Giggly said...

I have to pencil the ends of my brows in too. I also used to have a uni-brow as a kid *sigh*. I over plucked them many times in my teens.

I started wearing makeup at age 13. I guess I'll start letting my daughter wear make up then?? LOL

Ashley Ann said...

I think I got to put on some blush and lipgloss in 7th grade. I've only recently started taking more time in putting my face on.

charismagic said...

I on't think I bothered with make-up til I was 16 or 17. Now I feel weird if I haven't got my liquid eyeliner on! xox

Curlywiggles said...

i LOVE Lush, the comforter (the pink one) is my all time fav!

Sarah said...

Would you mind explaining what make-up primer is for? I've never heard of it!

I started wearing make-up around seventeen, but I've never really been a big fan to be honest. :p

Bird Trouble said...

i LOVE that mascara so much.

oh and that link you posted in my blog is fricken' awesome. i loved all the pictures.

Elizabeth said...

Ha! I am the same way with my sister. If she has it and I like what it does for her, then I'll buy it also!

Molly Le Blanc said...

Bath and Body Works would love you for the Glossing Cream shout out :) It is our "hero" product because you have instant gratification. Wonderful product. They only sell them at the flagship stores though :)

Amber said...

I took pictures of my stuff this weekend and will post it this week! I have never used anything from Lush but I am going to check it out. Bubble baths with books are my favorite too!
Can't wait to see what you worked on this weekend.
XOXO

Becky Farley said...

Lauren, your comment was the 13th comment - interesting :) I wear that perfume especially for you, because I know you LOVE it ;) Now that I think about it, I'm shocked you highlight your own hair after that crazy bleaching we did to your hair when we were little!
And yes I didn't post my half broken eye pencils or super old eyeshadows that I just can't throw out! And a tub of bright red lipstick we wore for out vampire costumes ;) I can't wait for Halloween ps!


Carly - I don't have a facebook - lol probably the last person left who doesn't have one!

Gina - the murad works but not as good as differin. Differin is the BEST, best it's so expensive and you have to go to the doc to get it.

thegirlcalledkill said...

I loved this post!

Now if only someone can convince you to show us how you do your wonderful eyeshadow!! I love it

Emilie Lynne said...

Oh we use the same foundation, mascara and both perfumes! Lolita Lempicka is my favorite perfume of all time.. I've never met anyone else who has even HEARD of it! Go us :)