Monday, April 19, 2010

Birds of a Feather

I've been missing my siblings quite a bit lately! My brother, Danny goes to school in Tallahassee at FSU and my sister, Lauren goes to Vanderbilt in Nashville TN. Luckily we are all very close and talk 4 or 5 times a week and text everyday! I saw these "friends forever" necklaces over the weekend, you know the ones that are hearts and they are broke in half. You keep one half and give the other half to your best friend. Well my sister and I have this little on going joke/tease, where she says she's my best friend, and I say sisters trump best friends, and we go back and forth, ruffling each others feathers if you will. So the best friend necklace was a bit lame, plus it only had one chain - strange right?
So I found this feather necklace on etsy by Freshy Fig and asked if I could purchase two; one for me and one for Lo! I dubbed it our "birds of a feather bffff aeaeae necklaces" and obviously I can't keep surprises because I already told her all about it! :) Sorry Danny I figured you wouldn't wear something so dainty ;) plus I made you a friendship bracelet - Remember?!!
So you like it? Birds of a Farley Feather :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Ikea was just what I thought it would be - CRAZY! Though I only spent a tiny bit of monies and got 3 shelves and this cool wire basket thing! I can't wait for my craft area to be finished :)
Pin It

7 comments:

danny said...

siisstterrr! i miss you so much! although im a lil pissed i didnt get a kewl necklace, i think ill suffice. I cant wait to be home in less than 2 weeks :) Thanks for all that you do for me! Lo, i love you too! miss you both a lot

Laurie Anne said...

What a sweet idea :)
All my life I have wished for a sister, there is no bond like it is there?!
I can't wait to see your craft area all fixed up! xox

PaperCameraScissor said...

I do like the necklace and it seems to be perfect for sisters.

Amber said...

I love this necklace. I have it as a favorite in Etsy. So pretty. I don't think Danny will mind not getting one. Ha!
Oh Ikea...we don't have one close to us so I have only gone a couple of times. IT is a very overwhelming place!

christinaalessi said...

I love this idea. That necklace is so pretty. So sweet that your sis is your best friend.
Also, love the "wire basket thing". Methinks I need one for my studio. There is just yarn EVERYWHERE.

Ashley Ann said...

That necklace is super pretty!

I got my iPads last night and have already gifted one to my husband. I told him "at last, you can have your very own iPad with no service charges!" I think he still wants a real one. :)

I'm also jealous that you get to go to Ikea. I used to live within walking distance of one in Holland, and now I have zero Ikea access and they don't ship much from their website. :(

lolo sr said...

Awwww I love the necklace and I will probably wear it everyday :) I still think some sisters arent best friends, so best friends>sisters....but that is neither here nor there...best sister friends? anyways...I'm maid of honor...done and done! I missssss you and love you and can't wait to be homeeeee!!!!

P.S. Take care of little mags for me!!!!