Friday, April 23, 2010

get flockn'

I've been wanting to do more flocking crafts, since I make a flocked Christmas card.

A bit ago I fell in love with Silje's Animal Prints and before I got them I knew I wanted to put them in oval frames. So I found some oval frames, they're just cheap plastic ones, not so pretty!
I decided to flock the frames!! I have some trusty Tacky Spray, which I love!
Then Martha's wonderful flocking powder! The powder comes in very bright colors!
Now I do not have a flocking gun, which lays the flocking powder down perfectly, so I just pour it on! You can keep using the excess powder over and over.
I put two coats of powder on and will probably do it a few more times before I hang them up!
Oh and do this outside, I did not and it was a bad decision :) *edit: do it outside only if it's not windy or else flocking will be everywhere!*
What do you think?! I like it! I want to flock some more! Any ideas?
Pin It

14 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

Ok smart one! :D OH my gosh I am in love and now i feel the need to go out and buy frames. I have some flocking by Doodle bug( think that is the name) I bought it thinking I was going to use it for everything. I have sued it but not on anything like this. I will have to go buy some of that spray adhesive too. I am super excited--:D Thanks so much for sharing this.

Laurie Anne said...

I've never flocked anything...I didn't know you could :) thanks for showing us how...I should flock the dog...what do you think? *giggle*

elycia said...

that frame looks awesome! the colour matches the picture so nicely! sweeeet :)

Curlywiggles said...

I tried flocking for the first time this week! It's so fun! Your frame looks amazing, I never would have thought to flock that, you're so clever.

Lindsay said...

it's so funny, because the other day I asked my friends if they ever flocked before and they had no clue to what I was taking about!!! I've been wanteing to try it an I think this post has finally given me that push to get on it!! Thanks and I LOVE how your frame turned out!!! so cute!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Carrie said...

Oh this turned out so cute! I love this technique :)

Carrie

sdillondesign said...

I love the prints in the OVAL frames! Flocking looks kinda fun. ooooh I need more time in my life!

carly. said...

flock flock flock flock flock! hahaha...it looks super cute beck!

aubrey said...

I didn't know about flocking but am so going to have to try this! I think I will pick up the supplies this weekend!

Courtney said...

Oh my god! I can't believe I never though about this. How many uses do you think you can get out of a bottle?
Also, that is in AMAZING turquoise color. I love this idea!

Silje Røe Hagland said...

wow! Looks soooo amazing, I love them in those frames!!! <3

Amber said...

I love flocked things! I have never tried it before but I want to try it now. I didn't know that Martha had such a thing but of course she does. Duh!!!
I think the frames look great!

A Beautiful Party said...

how beautiful! Makes me want to get to flockin'

Kim-Anh NGUYEN said...

love it! great idea! but i'm too lazy for this ;)