Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Multitasking

Isn't new fabric so wonderful? But you know what's not so wonderful? Ironing! Especially since I just have this tiny ironing board because I can't find my real one. I wear jeans and tees to work so I really never use it except for quilting. The result sure is pretty though huh? All that fabric nice and neat, completely makes my day! Plus I watched Pickers and Pawn Stars while I ironed, so two birds! Have you watched these two shows? I love them!

Next up, Danny's (my brother) 34 I embroidered for him. He's only 21, not 34. He and his friends ALWAYS see 34's, so he asked me to make him one. I used a tiny hoop, which I painted orange and then just embroidered around the 34 creating a knockout text look.

So back in early March I was over eager and planted herbs and they ALL died! Whompwhomp! But I don't let that kind of stuff get me down, Nope! I now have three different herbs in three different pots, fingers crossed this helps. And I have better drainage for the plants, and it's not freezing cold anymore.
I didn't let the old pot go to waste though! I used it outside putting some flowers in it and this little gnome to protect it! Got him at Target for a dollar! I know Laurie over at the Rebel Blossom is growing too - she much better at it - go take a peek at her blog!
I took all your suggestions about the craft rooms! Thank you!!

Some awesome news! I am walking in the Washington DC 3 Day/Save Second Base in October with my friend Kris. So I need to do two things before then; one get in shape and two raise $2300.00 bucks! That's alot huh!? I know everyone really loved the "iPads" but they weren't my idea and I think Apple would be pissed if I try to sell their image, SO now you can donate to the walk and you get 5, 10, or 15 pads, which amount you choose! What do you think!? Plus I'm going to have a bunch of fabric you can buy and I'll donate 100% of the sales to the Washington DC 3 day! So let me know what you think! I'll have a post tomorrow all about it!! I'm curious what your feedback is! Let me know!

Pin It

15 comments:

Shanny said...

What a great idea! I would be happy to donate!!

danny said...

i love the 34 embroidery! Can't wait to hang it in my room! I'm also excited for you to do the DC3 day...whens the last time we ran? with andrea? irreardlessly, i'm aLSO glad we both got new cars :) youre the best sister evveerrrr! love you lots be home in 2 weeks!

Molly Le Blanc said...

Good job Beck! I will definitely give you some monies - I need to start exercising too! Just have to start then I think I'll be good :)

cupcake cutie said...

i loveeeee that fabric, and your cute little plant!

eee, get in shape...story of my life!

Kjirsten said...

Yay for new fabric and iron is a drag. Oh and did you get my email!?? Have a great Tuesday! And thanks for becoming a follower!! :D It made my day!
<3
Kjirsten
http://sewgraciouslyblessed.blogspot.com

chelseybell. said...

loovveee the embroidery--so awesome!

Hearthandmade said...

I love your gnome! I really want to start growing herbs.. ive been growing chillis but man i think its a non starter.. i might give up and start again. I cant decide what to do!

Amber said...

Love how the embroidery turned out. Neat effect. I am sure your brother will love it!
Can't wait to see what fabric you have for sale!! I would love to help out!

aphrodita wibowo said...

so colorfull fabrics...love the blue apple pattern...

xoxo
aphrodita

erica1228 said...

You're doing the 3-day...that's so awesome! My sister actually works for the 3-day and I helped volunteer here in CO. last august. I know it's a big commitment and you will do great!

Sarah said...

I wish you all the best in reaching your goal! I'd sure love to help. :)

boots said...

Wow i know you can do it! sorry i havent been around lately, i've had a pretty rough week and lost someone very close to me. i would still love an i pad if you still have some, it would help cheer me up. thanks so much for being so sweet.
heres my address

katie
Grunberg Management
280 trumbull street floor 15
hartford ct 06103


thanks again! xoxo

carly. said...

new fabric is SO wonderful and guess who got hers in the mail yesterday? meeee! thankyou so much! i can't believe how much you sent, i'm gonna have to be a busy little bee in the next bit to use all of it up!
you are such a sweetheart
thankyou so much!!
xo

Tailored Trash Queen said...

I love the joys of stacks of ironed fabric just waiting for life!

Can't wait to see what you have on sale! I bet you will reach your goal in no time and I would not be surprised if you surpass it!

christinaalessi said...

I love the knockout technique on the '34'. So cool!

Best of luck with your garden AND your walk! You rock!

xo
Christina