Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roy G Biv Continued

Slowly but surely I'm getting my craft area in order! To help with the organization I purchased (using a 40% off coupon - never buy anything without it at Michael's) a wooden thread holder. I love the look of bare wood, but I decided to paint a peg board and the thread holder a jade color. I used this Kylon spray paint and it's pretty awesome. The paint nozzle is adjustable and works well. Plus the paint dries in 10 minutes! I didn't believe it at first, but it's true!

I put on 3 coats because I like to be extra sure I got it all.
And here it is all painted and holding thread!
I put them in roy g biv order, but there's only 6 rows, so indigo got the boot!
Poor indigo, but it's basically blue.

I think it turned out pretty nice! Now I can't wait to make stuff!

A bit more roy g biv (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) for you!
Now you'll never forget the colors of the rainbow :)
Any ideas for organizing ribbon?
Pin It

12 comments:

Stars & Rockets said...

Ha! I'm the same way - I only buy from Michael's with my 40% off coupon!

Courtney said...

I third the Michaels coupon! Unless of course, it is on clearance- my other fav.
your threads look so beautiful against the jade. Almost more saturated! I know its silly...
I'm thinking of some CMYK ideas for you too!

Amber said...

I used that blue spray paint on a coat rack for our entry way. I love it and plan on using it some more around our house!
As for ribbons mine are a mess. i have them stored in a vintage lunch box right now. So let me know what you decide to do!
XOXO

katiebug92 said...

that color is blue is so pretty! I love it!
Btw, I posted details about the camp indie online class today! :)
xoxo, Katie

Lindsay said...

sooo cute!!! you always have the cutest ideas!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Bonnie said...

I love it! I really need to make one of these.. thanks for the great idea!

New follower here, you have a really cute blog!

-bonnie
violatorblog.blogspot.com

christinaalessi said...

Get OUT! That looks AWESOME!

Molly Le Blanc said...

So pretty! And I love the organization! Pretty, Pretty :)

Lindsay C said...

oh wow ! I never thought to paint my thread holder .. awesome idea !! PS. I always use my Micheal's coupons :) I love that store...

PaperCameraScissor said...

I work with roy g biv too!! heehee
Love the thread holder and love the color you painted it.

erica1228 said...

you're too cute. my craft/work space is absolutely crazy, i need some MAJOR organization. what if you stacked your ribbon on a paper towel holder, does that makes sense? then you could stand it on your desk or hang it under a cabinet and the ribbon could roll right off. the holes in the ribbon roll might be too small to fit around the paper-towel holder--so you might want to replace the rod with a smaller dowel. hmm, just a thought. Peace out love.

katie said...

aw this is really cute! i'd love a thread rack for my work area!!