Monday, May 17, 2010

Down to Earth

Growing up my dad made the most amazing wooden bowls, unfortunately he no longer has the tool that is used to make them. Daddy-o you should look on craigslist for a that tool, maybe I will and you can teach me :) When I saw Makye77 on etsy I fell in love! Especially with the crazy colors like this Kryptonite 1!

More fun Farley family facts, my grandfather (dad's dad) collected rocks and made my grandmother the most incredible jewelry! He had a rock cutter - the whole bit! My grandmother's back porch is covered in sliced rocks like the piece below! He past away when I was only 1, but he completely lives on through stories and all the beautiful things he made.
I found these perfect necklaces here Stone & Honey
They remind me of my grandmother's jewelry!
More very pretty earthy jewelry on Cursive Design
Focuslineart makes these beautiful paintings on slices of Elm. I don't know what it is about them, I just think they are so wonderful! I wish I had a birthday coming up because these would be number 1 on it!
Speaking of Earthy crafts, the Camp Indie Class still has spots open! Go check it out!

Also today I will be posting a very special discount just for crafty gals and guys for printing from Sonic Print! If you need nice, inexpensive business cards or postcards stay tune!

Be happy it's not Monday :)
Pin It

6 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

WOW that bowl is amazing!

My mom would love that jewelry. My mom actually collects different rocks and crystals. That is where I started loving gold stone( look that up you will love it) and rainbow moonstone( one of my fave stones ever). My fave ring has a rainbow moonstone --:D

Sarah said...

SO happy it's not Monday!!!

That bowl is beautiful, I've never seen anything like it! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story. :)

Stars & Rockets said...

Some of these pieces are absolutely stunning!

Shannon said...

How beautiful! I especially like the necklace with the feather.

carly. said...

oh wow...that jewellery is amazingggggggg

Kristin Ann said...

These are so pretty. I love the look! Wish I had the cash for one of these beauties!