Monday, May 3, 2010

Farley Family Weekend

Still not a ton of craftiness to report, but some wonderful news, our lil Mags (mom) is home from the hospital and she is doing awesome! My brother and sister came home from school and we spent all of Saturday together. We went to a friend of the family's grand opening, The Savory Street in Sarasota, FL. If you are ever in the area you NEED to go! The food was wonderful and everyone is so friendly!

My parents' house looks like a florist! Thank you everyone for your get well thoughts!

My aunt bought my mom tons of magazines while she was in the hospital and she let me keep this Martha one. I never buy magazines, but maybe I should because it is filled with the most awesome ideas! Do you ever buy craft/cooking magazines? Which ones are the best?
And this made my already awesome weekend perfect!! Amber sent me all these photos from her little trip to Farley, MO! If you didn't know my last name is Farley. We have a little theme song, "I wanna be a Farley.....!" that our friends will sing because we are a pretty good time ;)
I'll be super sad and stoked (all at once) the day I get married, sad because I won't be a Farley but stoked obviously because I'll be married. My good friend kept her maiden name as her middle name - interesting idea.
Ok I went on a complete tangent there! So Amber took these photos and sent them to me!! You are the BEST Amber! Thank you thank you! I sent them to the whole Farley gang!
What did you do these weekend?
Pin It

6 comments:

melissa kaye said...

Oh yum! I'll take that scrumptious dessert. :-P Looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend.

I did Race for the Cure on Saturday with my sisters and it was such a success! :) I even exceeded my donations goal over the past week and ended up with a total of $1,055! Amazing! :) Can't wait to do it again next year!

lauren ♥ said...

you know you don't have to change your name if you don't want to ;)

my mother didn't give me or my sister a middle name, so that when we were to marry, we would use our last name as our middle name. pretty old fashioned, haha. but i just kept my name hart anyway. my poor husband, haha <3

Amber said...

so glad you liked the pictures and that your mom is home. Those desserts look so good!
Sounds like you had a great weekend.
XOXO

sdillondesign said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with the family! I am going on a road trip with mine this weekend. Let's just say I hope there are lots of desserts along the way :) Glad your mom is doing well!

sdillondesign said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with the family! I am going on a road trip with mine this weekend. Let's just say I hope there are lots of desserts along the way :) Glad your mom is doing well!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Oh my goodness...I love Sarasota! My family and I use to spend our Fall Vacations in Siesta Key...Oh how I miss it. Orlando is too hot & humid. :/