Thursday, May 20, 2010

Great Owl Crochet-Along!


Here's the skinny:
  • Karla at Itsy Bitsy Spider will be providing lessons to help get you though your project and I will be providing moral support for amigurumi newbies. Please remember I have NEVER made one, so we can learn together. I''ll be your cheerleader!
  • You do not need to know how to make amigurumi to sign up for this project, but you do need to know some basic crochet stitches, including singe crochet, half-double crochet, and decrease.
  • You can make your owl any color and customize as much as you want. The more diversity, the better! There's even set up aFlikr group where you can show off your creations!
  • At the end, you can choose to participate in am optional swap. If you want to participate in the swap, please plan to have your owl in my hands by August 1, 2010. Details on this to follow for those who opt in to the swap!
  • Karla is providing a free copy of her owl pattern to EVERYONE that signs up!
So, are you ready to sign up? Visit my sign up form and reserve your spot today! The last day to sign up for this crochet-along is May 30 -- so don't miss out on the fun!


Get your Great Owl Crochet-Along Badge now!
And if you have any questions -ASK! :)







Pin It

19 comments:

Itsy Bitsy Spider said...

I had a happy coffee morning the other day, Becky, and decided to give everyone who signs up a free copy of the owl pattern -- so yay! Let's go hook some hooters!

Becky Farley said...

:) You are awesome!

{eleise} said...

ooo how fun!!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

This is so awesome! I seriously need to learn how to crochet :/

christinaalessi said...

YES! I'm in! Lovesit.

katiebug92 said...

wow, this sounds super fun! I might do it! I love owls!

Anna Katrina said...

the owls are so cute & personal! i love it i may need to get my family some :)

would love you to visit Passport Glamour & follow if you like!

Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

I BLEED PINK said...

I really want to learn how to crochet and those owls are just darling. Maybe next time you guys can offer a beginner class, I would love to learn.

stina said...

i need to get my crochet on, so perhaps i should join. the owls are very cute!

Kellie said...

Thanks, Becky for letting me know about this! How can I resist HOOKING HOOTERS? I have just started toying with the idea of amigurumi (egged on by my craft nerd kids) but it has always intimidated me. I am very happy to do it together with others! SO SO excited!

sdillondesign said...

Unfortunately I can't join in on the fun with this one BUT I will be stalking everyone's HOOTERS on flickr :)

Molly Le Blanc said...

Awww - I love Owls - Becky you need to make me a tiny one of course :)

Betty said...

Of course I want to join! I'll sign up right now. What a great idea. The owl is adorable :) can't wait

Kim-Anh NGUYEN said...

i suck so much at crochet and everything like that...no way for me hahahahaha

aubrey said...

I love the owls! My crochet skills are not quite up to snuff I don't think, but I may have to work on them so I can participate in the next one!

Amber said...

I am in like Flynn! I am going to post about this on my blog this weekend. Is that cool??
Can't wait!

Evelyn said...

I found your blog through Delightful Blogs and I'm so happy I did! This is going to be so much fun. I mean owls + crochet? What's not to love!

Yay! Thanks!!

justinee said...

ok, i REALLY want to do this, but all i know how to make is an afghan. do you think that is enough skill to learn this?

arixystix said...

Hooters! I signed up just before midnight! Does participating in the swap mean that you have to make a lot of owls? I signed up for the swap but if I have to make a ton of owls I might not have enough time to do that before August. I definitely want to make one though, these are too freakin' cute!