Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love where you're from....

...with etsy's help! Look at all this great Florida stuff! Now Florida may produce more souvenirs then other states thanks to the sunshine, our beaches, and Disney. But I bet you can find some great vintage items from your home state!
There's a ton of these old tea towels! Who knew?

Not so cute when they're 6 feet long and hungry, but they were here first!

Florida pennants! Near my old apartment there was this great pizza place and they had the best collection of old Florida stuff! When I'd eat there I'd just stare and want everything on the walls!
Florida Souvenir Hankie from Vintage Pickle! She's an awesome etsy seller ps!

Citrus Coasters! A slice of Florida ;) corny I know! I really want a Florida tablecloth, but they cost a small fortune!

This 813 S. Tampa tattoo is on my inner arm - I love where I'm from ps ;)
What about you? Does your hometown hold a special place in your heart or is it more of a good riddance kinda deal?
Pin It

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Aww! So cute!
Chicago I love you so! Chicago suburbs? You suck the life out of me! It's that nice love/hate relationship things that I've got rockin'

christinaalessi said...

Fun! Hey - I was in Tampa a few weeks ago... I was pretty much only in the airport though. I flew into Tampa and drove down to Longboat Key where my parents are staying.

Allison Drew said...

Yay! I love where I'm from. And I love this post.

ohmydeer said...

awe this post was so fun i love your tattoo!! i lived in georgia for yearsss and never made it down to florida! :( i need to visit florida soon!!

i love my hometown we lived here in washington for a long long time then my dad got transferred for his job to georgia then we missed washington so much we ended moving back here after a few years! id love to get a tattoo like yours to represent my hometown! :D

xo

Lindsay C said...

I am going to St. Petes beach in three weeks ! A long way from Maine !

Michelle (michabella) said...

UM LOVE THIS!! Go Florida!!!! Im an Orlando gal though ;) 407 represent! :P

<333

carly. said...

i love florida for the tacky beach shops...seriously. i am the queen of tacky. when we would go there for summer vacations, i would make my parents go into every single one...even though so many of them have all the same stuff!

Amber said...

I use to despise my hometown but it now holds a special place in my heart. It is where two poots are from and we have a lot of history there:)

Less than a week until I am in Florida!! Can't wait to hang out!
XOXO
Amber

Molly Le Blanc said...

Yay for FL! I love everything - especially the salt and pepper shakers :)

kym said...

New Jersey...well, what can I say? Our beaches, hot dogs and blueberries.

The town I live in is the blueberry capital of the world, where the first one was cultivated...that's all I can think of.

I love the Florida items, now I don't think Nj is so cool anymore.
lol

PaperCameraScissor said...

Yes, I love my hometown if it ws not for no place to work. I know we would be still there. I love to have the books about Ashland but they sell for way too much because they are out of print--:(