Wednesday, July 7, 2010

As Promised

Some actual crafts, because this is a craft blog, so I should get crafting!
It's been tough with family in town, but I found time to make stuff!
I made some more crocheted circles, so one day I can make this! I have 66 circles now, wonder how many I need! Have any of you made granny circles?

Also I've been trying very hard to use my squares from The Great Granny Square Swap. I've been framing each one in black, then I'm going to connect them all! I like the look so far! It's tricky getting the squares to all be the same size! Any pointers?

Here is my Optimus Primary Color blanket put together and soon it will be complete!
As you can see I'm hooked (cheesy pun intended) on crocheting! I miss quilting!
What specific craft are you hooked on?
Pin It

10 comments:

craftyminx said...

Great projects! I love the circles. On your size problem, usually you can block them to be closer in size. I would just block all of them to be the same size as the biggest one when you're done, but before you sew them together.

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

looks great! i love those black framed squares :)

rosie! ♥ said...

if i counted correctly, that blanket has 120 granny circles. and you are more than halfway there!

-heather- said...

Everything is so lovely!! You've got such great persistance with crocheting! I'm hoping I can actually FINSIH something I start! Speaking of starting, I got out my grannies from the swap and started doing like you, but using off white! I hope it turns out well! Good luck with yours!! <3

Hearthandmade said...

oh god im just learning to crochet and i want a blanky but this looks SO daunting!!

~kjirsten~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~kjirsten~ said...

I love crocheting as well!!! It is so fun! I love all of your circles and what you have done with the squares from the swap. All your work is great and I love the colors you use!! Keep it up!

Amber said...

I love your primary color blanket!! It will be well loved!! I have never made granny circles and now I want to:) Will you send me the link to the pattern or email me the pattern?

Your granny swap blocks are looking good! I love the black outline.

You know I am hooked on crocheting...and journaling lately:) I so need to try actually starting the quilt I cute out. It will be my first.

brittni said...

i love crocheting too! how did you get in on the "great granny square swap" ?? how cool

bee said...

OOOH I want to crochet! But I have terrible fine motor skills and no patience :( I need to find myself a craft. I have all this creative energy and nowhere to channel it!