Wednesday, July 21, 2010

bedtime

I had an incredible burst of energy last night! I guess I was tired of being sick! I sewed together all the MyPaperCrane fabric squares, I finished my fancy pillow cases (finally), and finished the border on the Optimus Primary Color Blanket! I was pretty stoked and now I can't wait for another productive night! Fingers crossed ;)
So I thought while I was showing you my fancy bedroom pillows, I'd show you some books I've started! Sudoku to keep me thinking, Charlotte's Story and Paradise for Sale are books on Florida, I still haven't finished Dead in the Family - Yikes! It's just not as good as the past Sookie books and maybe I'm Vampered out! Handmade Home and The Gentle Art of Domesticity are two WONDERFUL craft books - I highly recommend them!

More bedroom fun - That's what she said! by KatieKutthroat - This will NEVER get old to me! It's from The Office ps and I probably say it 5 times a day - at work, home, sometimes I want to put it in the comments of your blogs! This maybe immature, but I can't help it! I have to do it! - That's what she said!!! See haha!
Ok and lastly, I finished the border on the Optimus Primary Color Blanket! I used this book; Crocheted Borders, I did not make a fancy border, but soon I hope you have one to show you all!

Pin It

11 comments:

christinaalessi said...

Such awesome projects!
I'm constantly taking out crochet books from the library. I'd love to check out that borders book.

Also, I just took a look at the quilt you're working on. That is going to be soooo cute! Are you hand-sewing?

Amber said...

I have both the Handmade Home and The Art of Domestitcy. Both beautiful books. I really need to try and find time to actually read them.

I can't believe how much you got done yesterday! You are a machine...that's what she said!! Ha!! Couldn't help myself... I am actually laughing outloud on that one:)

I am going to have to check out that borders book. Love that border you added. Tonight is craft night so wish me luck:) I will let you know how it goes.
XOXO
Amber

p.s. If you were referring to Poot's blue "cuban" shirt in the pics...he LOVES them. We have a hard time finding them too. Most have been found thrifting!

justinee said...

You are so talented!
I really need to learn how to use my sewing machine lol.
<3

Hearthandmade said...

i Looooove those pillows!!! Can u recommend that crochet borders book?!

Becky Farley said...

Christina, I'm not handsewing that one, bc I miss seeing finished projects lol

Amber, I'm going to keep my eye out for those shirts for Scott!! :) I love them! And I'm wishing you all the luck I have for tonight!! ;)

Justinee, I want a heart bracelet!!! 2 actually!! maybe 3 - me, my sis, and lil brother!

Claire, I WOULD recommend it! It's tricky only bc it's new to me, but it's super helpful! :)

elycia said...

hehe, you got tons done! amazing!
i used to go crazy with embroidery floss making friendship bracelets when i was a kid :)
i really like the crocheted border on your blanket too!
ok, i made it through my comment without making a 'that's what she said' joke. wow, that was hard.


...that's what she said.

Jenn said...

That's what she said :)
I say it all the time too, and so does everyone I work with...
Such cute stuff, and I love the blanket

apparentlyjessy said...

Becky! I LOOOVE the pillows you made, very cool colour combination and fabric choice.
I also like the boarder you put on the primary colour blanket is really lovely, I need to learn how to read patterns so I can do boarders too!

carly. said...

those pillows are super cute!! glad you had a productive night, they always make me feel better!

Holly Knitlightly said...

We're totally twins! Lambs, sangria, olives & SUDOKU!! Ever since I got my blackberry, I have been OBSESSED! I'm playing it on GENIUS! Haha. I love it. I also loooooooove photos of books!

I'm jealous of your sewing skills! I wish I could sew. I'm hoping to learn sometime soon! Your pillows look great!

Where in Florida are you from? My neighbours have a house that I stay at sometimes near St. Petersburg/Clearwater. I loooove Florida. So nice! Especially Clearwater beach!

Ooh I've gotta check out that crochet borders book! Thank ya!

(I used SO many exclamation marks... haha.)

sdillondesign said...

You are totally inspiring me to do a bed set! Maybe I should put some of my artwork on some fabric at spoonflower. The wheels are turning!