Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Jack-o'-lantern!!

Today is my Aunt Jackie's birthday!
This is a photo of Jackie and my dad as kids, ps she's a nurse now!
I honestly don't know where to begin with my Aunt Jackie - I love her with all my heart and without her I won't be who I am - pretty intense, but true! She has taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, embroidery, cooking, and most importantly patience!
She beat lymphoma! She has the best sense of humor! She loves Halloween, and may or may not be be a witch ;) She's a tough cookie, but super sweet too! She let all 3 of us Farley kids (plus our friends) come over every year before Christmas for cookie day! We would destroy the kitchen, listen and dance to Elvis Christmas songs, and to this day we still have cookie day - I'm 27 and hopefully we'll have it when I'm 67! She's a sass pants/bossy bones and doesn't sugar coat things, which I appreciate!
She's just the best! I hope everyone has someone like my Jack-O'-Lantern in their lives!
Happy Birthday Jax! I love you so much! :)

a ps 7/12/2010 - My aunt said to me over the weekend, "that post was a bit much"
:) that is why I love her!
Pin It

8 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jackie! Woot Woot... she sounds like a LOT of fun!

Amber said...

She is so cool I told her twice:) HA!

carly. said...

awww happy birthday!
that is a cute story...
she seems like a doll!

Kat said...

what a sweet post. Happy Birthday to your Aunt Jackie! Elvis christmas songs are what we listen to every christmas when we decorate our tree. We only had it on an old cassette tape until last year when we finally found it on cd. It is the best christmas cd ever!

apparentlyjessy said...

I do wish I had an Auntie Jackie to teach me lots about craft! Happy Birthday Jackie!

Drea said...

Happy birthday Auntie Jackie!! I have a crafty aunt but she lives in San Fransisco. She sent me my sewing machine though. :D

Becky Farley said...

:) You all are so sweet! Jax had a fantastic birthday with the day off of work and a surprise from her husband! I know she loved all your comments and sweet wishes!

Christine said...

I love your top! pretty gal