Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm siiiiick

I had a bad cold that turned into a sinus infection. I've never had one before and it's pretty awful! I miss checking all your blogs and blogging myself. I haven't been able to sew or crochet, but one afternoon I did watch Grey Gardens. My sister wanted to see it right when it came out and then Amber and Scott said it was amazing. It was indeed amazing - amazing that it's a true story!! Now I will warn you this is not a movie to watch when you are sick and can't leave the house, because after watching it you'll want to go out and do SOMETHING, anything, everything!! I watched the documentary first from the 70's and then the HBO movie Grey Gardens with Drew Berrymore. That's the way to do it; documentary then movie!
I hope you all are doing wonderful!!
I've been drinking tons of fluids, taking lots of medicines, and sleeping - fingers crossed I get better soon! Carly, your surprise in the mail make my weekend! Thank you so much! Lauren, I'll put both Grey Gardens in the mail for you tomorrow - you're gonna love it!
I'll be back to feeling better soon!
Pin It

13 comments:

Courtney said...

I've ALWAYS loved Grey Gardens and then when the fake documentary came out I had to give that a try too. It's was pretty good but nothing like the original...I just adore them.

heather dawn said...

hope you feel better NOW becky! i'm sending you internet chicken noodle soup and lotsa sprite :)

A Beautiful Party said...

oh how I adore little Edie! I think I may just have to pop my dvd in right now and do a re-watch!
Hope you're feeling better!

Sarah said...

aweee i was wondering what happened to you :( :( :( i hope you feel better!!! im sending you something in the mail tomorrow!

emalie said...

i'm so obsessed with little edie. i would love to see what the house looks like now. i read that it was bought and completely renovated and looks beautiful now.

emalie said...

p.s. hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the Grey Gardens. So crazy huh?? I am sorry you still aren't feeling well. Sinus infections are the worse. I have missed you!
Have you been doing any crocheting??

So that Poot button that Chelsey has she made her self. It is so cute isn't it? I would ask her if she could email it to you. I need to get one too just to have. Us three need to seriously get together some day!

XOXO
Amber

black vanilla rose said...

Aw no! And its summer there too, worst time to get sick. Hope you feel better quick. That's a great lil flick/doc isn't it, I bought it online before seeing it and loved it. I've only seen the one with drew though, want to get the next one next haha xoxo

PaperCameraScissor said...

I hope you get better soon! I have been wanting to see this.

take care and get lots of rest!

Sherry said...

I know what that's like...hope you feel better soon!!! Miss your posts.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Aw I hope you feel better soon! I'm going to check out the movie, thanks!

GraphXGrrl said...

Your week sounds like mine! Summer sickies are the worst.

Hope you feel better soon!

christinaalessi said...

Grey Gardens is my faaaavorite. I want to be little Edie for Halloween this year. I'm sort of obsessed with her too.
Feel better, little pretty.