Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Darlin'

darling
A few of you have asked me what yarn I used and more specifically what colors I used on my Mother's Day Blanket. My friend Molly's sister in-law is having a baby and I think these colors would be perfect for a new baby girl blanket!
I only use I Love This Yarn yarn, it's so soft! I've tried other yarns, but I can't do it! Sounds silly huh? I'm pretty sure I crochet incorrectly (my grandmother told me) if I crocheted correctly maybe I could use other yarns, but the way I do it the yarns rub my fingers. I Love This Yarn doesn't leave marks because the yarn is soft - that's why I use it!
Here are the colors I used: Hot Rose, Sungold, Antique White, and Coffee. Now you could just trade the Hot Rose out with a green or blue for a baby boy blanket. Or don't you generic gender colors at all, go with orange, orange is my favorite! I used about 3 rolls of each color for the blanket I made my mom. Email me if you have any questions! ;)

Thank you ALL so much for your very kind get well words! :)
I'm feeling MUCH better today! Thank goodness!
Pin It

11 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the colors its looks like a big bowl of ice cream :)

craftyminx said...

Love those colors!! I've tagged you on a recent blog post btw and would love to have you join in :)

Amber said...

Woot woot!! So glad you are feeling better.
Thanks for the list of the colors. Such a great mix!!

And Carrie is right it does look like a big bowl of ice cream.

Can you believe I have never crocheted with that yarn brand? I did buy some recently though to make a granny square blanket for a christmas gift. I can't wait to try it out. I say I will get ahead this year on my gifts but I know that won't be the case:) It is the thought that counts right?
XOXO

Molly Le Blanc said...

:) I MUST sew a quilt by November for Amelia Grace. This will be my first quilt!

Becky Farley said...

It does look like icecream! :)
And yes it is the thought that counts totally! That's what I tell my best bud Kris who has yet to get her wedding quilt.
Lil Molly - I will help you :) I promise promise!

Hearthandmade said...

I need to buy some yarn for a granny blanket!

christinaalessi said...

It really does look like ice cream!
I've never heard of I Love This Yarn. Where do you buy it?

Lately I've been loving the Stitch Nation yarn. I love the colors and it's quite soft.

http://www.stitchnationyarn.com/

Yesterday's Sweetheart said...

I have some stalkers via Tucson on my blog SOOOO wanted to tell you on here that those dresses are from shopnastygal.com :) check it out!!!!

heather dawn said...

YEY! super cute photo too!! thank you for sharing those colors! they are lovely!

apparentlyjessy said...

Yeah yeah! I love that it looks like Neapolitan ice cream! We used to get it all the time when I was a kid, and seeing the colours makes me nostalgic for my childhood and simple easy desserts!

carly. said...

oh those colours are soooooo lovely!!!!