Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WIP - MyPaperCrane Quilt

You all probably know by now that I think Heidi Kenney from MyPaperCrane.com is tops! Not only does she make awesome plushies, but she designs her own fabric via Spoonflower! You can buy it directly from Spoonflower or her etsy!
As you can see I have been collecting the fabric :)
I cut the squares to be 3.5x3.5, I got about 8 squares out of each piece of fabric! There's 13x13 squares. The cutting took FOREVER! I've been sewing a row a night, because that's all have time for at the moment! Slow going I know, but just sewing again is nice! It's been awhile!
I prefer hand sewing, but machine sewing has it's perks! Machine sewing is QUICK!
For the longest time, I didn't know what WIP meant. It means Work In Progress ps.
Oh and I ordered this!
What WIPs are you working on?
Pin It

12 comments:

katiebug92 said...

that quilt is going to be super cute!! :)
my WIP at the moment is a mini album. I think I will work on it tomorrow.
-Katie

apparentlyjessy said...

Aww I love her fabric designs too, particularly the happy apples, and the bashful dears! Can't wait to see this quilt finished!

My WIP is another tote bag for a swap, this one will feature a bunny rabbit!

MandiCoulter said...

so many...embroidery hoops at the moment :)
(your quilt looks great btw!)

MandiCoulter said...

so many...embroidery hoops at the moment :)
(your quilt looks great btw!)

heather dawn said...

becky, this is going to be so pretty! i want to learn to sew & make a quilt. it's on my to-do-craft list!

my WIP is the great granny swap blanket. same idea as yours using cream instead of black. you inspired me! :)

Amber said...

This quilt is going to be so fun! I was given some notecards last year and one of them is a picture of the boy in that last picture! I love it!
My WIPS are: three afghans and a quilt plus numerous embroidery projects. Ahh...oh and an owl:)

PaperCameraScissor said...

oh my gosh love all that fabric!

euphoria said...

I totally didn't know what WIP ment for the LONGEST time!! Too funny!

LOVE your Heidi fabric collection. I've always wanted to buy Spoonflower fabric, but heard the inks don't stay well after washing... let me know what happens when you wash this quilt- it looks so fun!

And I am in LOVE with your Ikea fox Plushie- I have to hit up Ikea for sure!

Sarah Glover said...

um.... becky....... i need this quilt when your done... like seriously bad, no joke! really i'll come to florida and steal it, really!

Sarah Glover said...

um.... becky....... i need this quilt when your done... like seriously bad, no joke! really i'll come to florida and steal it, really!

sarah Glover said...

oh no i got to excited and clicked to much :[ my bad.

Vixen lily said...

I am going to attempt a quilt using some retro fabrics my nanna had, yours will look great once done. Something pretty and practical.