Tuesday, August 10, 2010

cute as a button

I was over at Charity's blog A Lovely Little World and I saw this Mickey looking pup button on her etsy! And I had to have it!!!! I'm not a button gal really, but I couldn't pass this one up!
Plus she had a sale and I got to pick out a few more for only $2.00! I of course picked the smurf button! And the others I'll share with the gang.
So then I read the little note she sent and completely lost it!! She sent me two iron-on transfers of Steph Dillon's illustration and a dunny! Not just any dunny, my favorite Tado dunny! You are very awesome Charity! Thank you for the little extra gift! I couldn't find a white tee fast enough ;)
Here is a peek at my next blanket. The yarn color reminds me of Superman icecream - have you ever seen that? Turns your tongue different colors? The multicolored yarn is called Hot Stripes, I got it here (along with all my other yarn)!
Thanks for all your comments and recipes yesterday! :) And for the hand and finger stories! We need to figure out a way to beat old, twisted lady hands! More calcium? Maybe joint vitamins?
Pin It

8 comments:

Amber said...

I think when I work with verigated yarn I become transfixed. I can't stop. Ha! I love how it is turning out.
I so wish I was home right now and crocheting!

Becky Farley said...

ditto on that! ;)

carly. said...

aw that's so cute!! i use to love love love buttons when i was in high school and had them on everything!!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

sooo cute.
just wanted to thank you again for the sweet package. i also posted about it too! youre the best!
http://getthewordsout.blogspot.com/2010/08/home-again-and-awesome-treats.html
-kel

Kristin Ann said...

Love your buttons!

i-zilla said...

the puppy button is the cutest!

boo, i wish i knew how to knit/crochet. it looks so fun!

Illustrated Ink said...

Ooooo, I love the Superman ice cream colors of your blanket! I always thought that twisted old lady hands were like a badge of honor, showing the signs of a well lived life. It's the price you pay for being crafty. ;) I'm positive I'll be hunched over when I'm older from bending forward to paint pieces while sitting. Calcium and joint viatmins can't hurt!

Those buttons are too cute! Mr. Mugs does have a Mickey resemblance. :)

Still lovin' my package from you, btw!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Haha cute! By the way I looooved the button you sent me! It's adorable! :) And I totally love superman ice cream! Well, here it's called Super Kid! Sooooooooo good! Haha. I still get it! :)