Monday, August 30, 2010

Free Play Weekend

I had huge crafting plans for this weekend! I figured I'd get a back on a quilt, make some pea shoots, cut out fabric, make pillows, etc. But I didn't do any of that - whompwhomp! But no biggie - I did crochet in the car on the way to a video game auction!
IMG_4589
Video game people are nuts (in a good way)! The games are very cool! They had the claw toy games too! I wanted a fortune teller like in Big, but they didn't have any. We did purchase a lot of pinball machines and they are the most awesome things ever! Popeye is my favorite - watch!
IMG_4600
Mickey and I crocheted Sunday morning then helped my mom and aunt with invites for my Nanny's surprise 80th birthday party!! I know what you're thinking - don't scare/surprise an 80 year old, but my Nanny is healthier than me and you. She goes to the gym twice a week, the doctor said she's like a 35 year old - so it's okay to surprise her! Don't worry she not a computer user, though I thought about getting her an iPad, but everyone said that was a bad idea. She LOVES my iPhone though, she always goes though all the photos (all 3,444 of them). My iPhone is the only place she goes on the interweb, so I figured an iPad would be perfect! Set up an email Nannybird@gmail - what do you think? Get her a pinball machine? bahahahaha
oh mick
I received this awesome lil monster in the mail handmade by Tee* from Compendium of Cute! I was SUPER lucky and won this lil monster in Tee's giveaway! I got to pick my colors - I of course picked orange! Isn't he so cute!? I brought him to work to sit on my desk! He is so wonderful! Thank you!!
Me and my lil monster!!
So I may not have had a super crafty weekend, but it was a good one! How was you weekend!? Was it craft filled!?
Pin It

17 comments:

carly. said...

you're so cute becky. your office space looks so bright and colourful and fun! one day i'll show up at your work and surprise you! haha, wouldn't that be awesome? when i visit you will also need to teach me to crochet...though i've never tried, i can't imagine myself being very good at it!

cute lil monster :)

carly. said...

also.
i think that was the debut of your 'straight laced' tattoo and you didn't even mention it in the post, silly girl!

danny said...

i genuinely thought you had chonga hoops on in that bottom picture, tgif you didnt. love ya

Becky Farley said...

:) you're right! Straight Laced ladies and gentleman! That's me ;) I would LOVE for you to come here - I'd for sure teach you to crochet after we shop, get tattooed, play with mickey, eat tons of food lol one day!!!!

Becky Farley said...

Danny I LOLed so hard at that!!!! I didn't see that til you said that!!!

Becky said...

I had a very crafty weekend and stitched like a maniac. It's the only thing that keeps the stress at bay!
I love your doggy. What a sweetie.

PaisleyJade said...

You're so cool crafting in the car! Loving your blanket - and that cute toy!!

Ashley said...

He is cute lucky girl! I wish I could crochet while riding in the car, but that sorta thing makes me sick, especially on these mountain roads :(

Campfire Chic said...

I am in love with the first photo! I really want to go back to the two blankets I have in progress...now I wish they were as colorful as the one you're working on! wooooowwwww

Hearthandmade said...

I went to sligo with my bf for our anniversary! I did some aggressive crochet on the bus cuz there were about 10 noisey children driving me crazy with equally noisey mothers!

chelseybell. said...

your crochet project looks soooo pretty! i love the colors. i need to pick up my hook again--it is soon the season.

and i have a nephew unknowingly waiting on a blanket. i'm so horrible!

apparentlyjessy said...

Love the first pic too, crochet and awesome tattoos = Becky! The colours of the blanket are pretty neat too.
How cool that you bought pinball machines and video games!! I had a look at the set, I love the old school designs on the sides, especially the pac man one!

I reckon you should get your Nanny an ipad, if she loves your iphone she would definitely enjoy it!
My Grandpa is turning 90 in a couple of weekends, I have no idea what to get him!!

Amber said...

Danny... I thought the same thing! Bahhahaha!!! I had to do a double take and then did it again when I saw the picture on flickr. Ha!

Okay I agree that your office area is so FUN!! I need to decorate mine up and make it a little more enjoyable!

Love that crochet doll you won!

Becca said...

Wow you are quite the crafting lady!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I loooooooooove the colours of that blanket! It looks so freaking good together! And your Nanny sounds AWESOME! I love it. Reminds me of my Nana! She'll be 87 (or 88?) this month! She was seadooing earlier this week! Ahaha I love it.

amy lapi said...

what do your tattoos say? that blanket is awesome. i feel like you must crochet like 50 million spm (stitches per minute... ha...) because you make SO much and its all GORGEOUS!

Lydie Harris said...

love the colors on this blanket!