Friday, September 24, 2010

Astro Afghan

I needed a name for this blanket and it was Amber's dad's jersey to the rescue! I did not come from a baseball family -not even the tiniest bit, plus I grow up in Tampa - Devil Rays - I think they are a very young team, so I didn't know what the Astros were when Amber suggested the name! :) Thank goodness for google!
IMG_1164
Here is the Astro Afghan so far! This afghan is for Lydie! Hopefully you get it soon Lydie, it's not finished yet! :)
afghan for lil Lydie
So when you google Astros you have to look for their older jerseys, their throwback jerseys if you will.

Pin It

11 comments:

Amber said...

Yay!!!
It matches the old jersey's perfectly doesn't it:)

I hope today goes fast! I am in the mood to clean out my closet but I have a feeling by the time I get home tonight that feeling will be gone. LOL!

Hearthandmade said...

woO! u really are a crochet machine!! im beginning to think i should have started one of these blankets as a christmas present instead of the one im working on at the minute! its taking forever!

O. said...

I would love to hang out and craft :) and you are WAAAAY craftier than me.

Molly Le Blanc said...

Pretty as always beck! And Tampa Bay Rays - no mas "devil" where have you been?? lol baseball girl - we've even been to a few games!! FF days :)

chelseybell. said...

love it!

and i love how it matches the colors of amber's dad's old jersey--add a little bit more sweetness to it :)

rosie! ♥ said...

yay astros!

Becky Farley said...

bahahaha oh yea The Tampa Bay Rays, which play in St. Pete, so that makes since ;) dip-n-dots are my favorite part of baseball games ps!

Thank you ladies for all the sweeeet comments!

Holly Knitlightly said...

It's lovely Becky!

Lolo SR said...

is mine done? ;)

Lydie Harris said...

I LOVE IT!!! ( sorry for the late post )

Lydie Harris said...

I LOVE IT!!! ( sorry for the late post )