Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Supplies!

My Nanny's 80th birthday is Saturday and the Farley family is getting ready! I didn't call my Nanny for an entire week in fear I'd give the surprise away, but yesterday I missed her and had a quick question for her, and then said, "I can't wait til Lauren gets here Thursday!" - Nanny said, "Lauren!!??" oops I quickly said "meant Danny!" Yikes! Geez! I think she believed it!
(Lauren lives up in Nashville and Danny lives in Tallahassee, which in much closer to Tampa)
IMG_0641
So over the past month I've purchased 6 Ball Mason jars (so expensive - mostly the shipping), I've collected a zillion paper doilies, purchased yellow/white string, bought 10 hula hoops, got my 1950's iPod play list ready all for my sweet Nanny's 80th birthday!
IMG_0646
IMG_0648
Here's the doily garland! I have a bunch of white Christmas light that will hang with the garland! I'm pre-making the garland because the day of the party it will be a pain to put together! Plus there will be so much more to do!
IMG_0714
We are using the blue mason jars as center pieces. They will be filled with big yellow roses! I ordered about 250 roses! I can't wait to see everything put together!!
IMG_0729
I found yellow hula hoops for the hula hoop contest!! It's all coming together! A family friend is making the food - ton of tasty cuban food! I'm just so excited!
IMG_0726
I can't wait to see my Nanny's face!!! Hopefully my big mouth family and myself can keep it a secret til Saturday! ;) Seriously it's going to be tricky!
Pin It

27 comments:

carly. said...

awww that is so so so cute becky. it's going to look so amazing. what a great grandaughter you are, putting in all that work for her!! such a sweetheart. i can't wait to see the photos from the day. it's going to look so good and she's going to be so overwhelmed and happy!

you have such a big heart beck!

amy lapi said...

umm wowww!!!!!! can i come? and steal that doily garland? :)

<3 amy
www.amylapi.com

amy lapi said...

ps... you live in tampa!?!?! i'm coming.

Gina said...

you are SO sweet to be putting so much effort into a party for your nanny! she is lucky to have you :)

i love the mason jars as centerpieces :)

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alovelylittleworld said...

Becky, that is so great! Your nana is going to be sooooo thrilled. I love it all. Those garlands are great. I totally want to make some.

chelseybell. said...

everything sounds so amazing! she is going to be one happy lady.

Becky said...

Becky I *love* the doily garland. What a GREAT idea. I'm going to borrow that one! Your grandma is going to love her surprises.

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

wow what a great birthday your nana is going to have! love the decos very pretty :)

O. said...

You're so sweet, sounds like it is going to be a great party!

apparentlyjessy said...

Gosh, Becky, this party is going to be so awesome! I've been loving the progress posts, I just wish I could be at this party too!
Cuban food sounds delicious, and the doily garland and mason jars are really beautiful.

I'll look forward to the post party picture post! hehe

Campfire Chic said...

That doily garland is adorable, really creative!

aubrey said...

You are such a thoughtful party planner! Your grandmother is going to be thrilled. And I love the doily garland!!!

Rikki Cupcake said...

i think this is the cutest post i have read on blogger thus far. your grandma must be something special! she is going to be pleasantly surprised. (:

heather dawn said...

I am so going to get you to throw my next birthday party! you are an AMAZING party planner miss! i love it all!

erica1228 said...

awe, that's so sweet. you've thought of everything!
~erica

Linda said...

It's going to be a great day Becky. See you there!

Mags said...

Becky, your talent and great ideas amaze me! I love you sweetie and can't wait to see Nannie's face too! We are going to have so much fun. Love, Mom

Amber said...

I think you should start your own party planning business. Your grandma is going to love it!
I want to come to the party!!

Illustrated Ink said...

That doily garland is beautiful! You are so creative, with a sharp eye for color!

christinaalessi said...

Becky, this is really gorgeous. What a sweet granddaughter you are.
I can't wait to see pics from the event. Will you post some?

Wahy said...

I bet it will be a cool party!

cupcake cutie said...

you are so cute and creative!
i love all this stuff, so fun:)
xoxox

Becca said...

No way on earth did you really make this doily garland. Really? You really did?
It's so perfect, Becky. I can't even believe how perfect this garland is!
You're my hero.

Punkscrapper said...

This is such a sweet idea! All of these pretty things will make the party lovely! I can't wait to see pics! Nana will love it! I love your blog!

smileyeyes said...

I love that garland!! -katie

Holly Knitlightly said...

Becky this is all amazing! She's going to love it. :) Haha I love that you have such a hard time keeping the surprise from her, it's so cute! :)