Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fancy Farley Party

My grandmother's 80th birthday is two weeks away! ps she'd kill me dead if she knew I blogged her real age :)
My mom, aunt, and I are throwing her a birthday! We're gonna have lots of yellow roses, doily garland, white lights, 50's music, and hula hoop competitions! Here's the story on yellow roses!
I have some pretty cool ideas and a florist lined up, but I'd love to hear your ideas! We're going to have to entertain an age range from 7 years old and 80 years old - tricky tricky!
I just love the pretty look of doilies! Here are some awesome doily projects!
Leave your ideas in the comments :)
Pin It

10 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

It's going to be a perfect celebration...

PaisleyJade said...

haha - she'd be very awesome if knew how to use the internet at 80! Such cool ideas.

flappergirlcreations said...

Oh! Recently, Jessica at How About Orange did a round-up of cute projects to make with doilies, and many of them are perfect for parties!

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/08/round-up-of-projects-to-make-with.html

apparentlyjessy said...

Oooh I wish I lived near you so I could make cupcakes for your party! I would make lemon cupcakes, in yellow cupcake liners, with white cream cheese frosting, and topped with pretty little yellow fondant roses!
I love the doily pics, so many things you can do with doilies!

Becky Farley said...

oh flapper gal, Thank you!!! That's awesome. I love that blog but I've been a bad blogger lately anf missed it! Thank you for the link :)

Jessy! I do wish you leaved closer too!! :) Those cupcakes sound PERFECT!!

Amy said...

I hope Nannys' cake has yellow roses.I am sure it will be a great celebration.Thanks for sharing,Amy

carly. said...

ooooh pretty!! want to come and do the decorations for my wedding (whenever it happens) cause these photos are perfect

justinee said...

Your family seriously seems like the cutest family ever.

Amber said...

Okay... so I left you a comment earlier and it isn't here:(
My entertainment suggestion is hiring Big Poot. He is very entertaining for all ages:)

I love the decorations you are planning. Your grandma is going to love all the little details. I want pictures of this hula hoop contest!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Ah, what awesome photos! This is going to be an amazing birthday. :)

I loved the yellow rose story. :)